MSC Divina attempt at Great Stirrup Cay (video)

DEIx15x8

Hello again, I rarely pop over to this section of the boards, but after every cruise I always post all my photos and videos online. As a ship fan that normally includes many ships beyond what I'm on so I like to share those with their respective communities.

While on the Quantum of the Seas inaugural made an attempt to visit CocoCay on November 28th. At the same time the MSC Divina was making an attempt right next to us to visit Great Stirrup Cay. Unfortunately the poor sea conditions meant that neither of us could tender, but it did give us a great opportunity to see each others ship. Ironically I have honestly only ever seen an MSC ship one other time and it was also the MSC Divina but at Cozumel last January. Maybe on my next cruise I'll finally get to see a different MSC ship.

I hope you all enjoy the video and pictures!

Lp6EicqWkAo

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/115365916503583655211/QuantumOfTheSeasNovember282014CocoCayBahamasAttempt

DSC06173.JPG

DSC06223.JPG

DSC06224.JPG

DSC06351.JPG

DSC06358.JPG

DSC06394.JPG

I am so glad to hear that you weren't able to tender either! We thought you were being successful and that fed our disappointment at the injustice of not making it happen!

I'm kind of surprised you didn't know we sailed away. We both seemed to leave at the same time. Maybe since you sailed strait out and we turned and sailed behind you the view wasn't as clear of us as ours was of you. I have to admit though that I felt the exact same way. It was oddly comforting knowing that you couldn't make it work either.

Hey Derek, thanks for the video and photos. They brought back found memories of my not making it to Great Stirrup Cay either on the first week of our B2B on the Divina. Fortunately we did make it to the island on our second week but the weather wasn't all that great with mostly cloudy skies. It was beautiful when the sun was out but that wasn't often enough. Oh well, maybe next time... Bob

Edited by CTBob

I'm kind of surprised you didn't know we sailed away. We both seemed to leave at the same time. Maybe since you sailed strait out and we turned and sailed behind you the view wasn't as clear of us as ours was of you. I have to admit though that I felt the exact same way. It was oddly comforting knowing that you couldn't make it work either.

My daughter had a meltdown over the news (was the second week of our b2b that they had cancelled the private island), so we were back in the room dealing with that before they pulled out. Changes in plans are very stressful for some kiddos. We didn't see that you were leaving too!

My daughter had a meltdown over the news (was the second week of our b2b that they had cancelled the private island), so we were back in the room dealing with that before they pulled out. Changes in plans are very stressful for some kiddos. We didn't see that you were leaving too!

It was a bad stretch of weather in November and early December. We were on an 11 night S Caribbean after that sailing and in 19 nights only got to the beach once. Seemed like the seas were always too rough at every port or the weather was dreary.