Tendering at Grand Cayman

jazmic

Hello!

I was hoping someone could explain how the tendering process works at Grand Cayman for the Divina. I'm thinking about booking a private tour that leaves at 9:15 and I don't know if we'll have enough time to get off the ship. I'd appreciate any insights. :)

Thanks!

Hello!

I was hoping someone could explain how the tendering process works at Grand Cayman for the Divina. I'm thinking about booking a private tour that leaves at 9:15 and I don't know if we'll have enough time to get off the ship. I'd appreciate any insights. :)

Thanks!

We docked in Grand Cayman in October, and it wasn't a tender. The ship sailed right into port. In fact it was right on the beach. Hope this helps.

Hello!I was hoping someone could explain how the tendering process works at Grand Cayman for the Divina. I'm thinking about booking a private tour that leaves at 9:15 and I don't know if we'll have enough time to get off the ship. I'd appreciate any insights. :)Thanks!

We tendered into GC, and it was very tedious and frustrating. Tickets and long waits, and coming back, standing endlessly in a long, hot unshaded line, I had time to run back to Burger King for drinks. Divina is too large (when fully occupied) to tender some 4600 passengers. I simply cannot imagine what MSC management is thinking when scheduling tender ports with such a large ship! Try to be the first off the ship and let your tour operator know your phone number, and you his. Cayman people are well educated and organized.

Hello!

Thanks!

Tender port- you are better off using a ships excursion. i've taken the catamaran to stingray city and it was really good.

you should also check to see how many other ships are in port that day. (look it up on CruiseTT.com). We were there when there were 6 other ships in port. the Ship was parked farther out, and there was alot of "traffic" with the tenders.

I'm pretty sure Grand Cayman is a tender, not a dock. Could someone else please chip in for verification? :)

We were there in April 2014 and Grand Cayman is Tender only. There are talks about building a dock but I did not see any construction of one.

There were 4 ships in port that day and all were tendering back and forth all day long.

Joe

Those on MSC excursions or those with Black Cards for MDC Club get tickets for the first tenders. Everyone else has to queue up to get a tender ticket. If you want to get off quick, hen look out in the Daily Programme issued the night before to find out where and when tender tickets are bing issued and make sure you get there early. If you don't. You'll get a ticket for a later tender andmay be waiting an hour or more for your number to be called.

Thanks for all the responses! :) I'm not going to stress out too much cos I'm hoping even if we miss our tour, there might be other tour operators at the terminal that we could sign up with. Can anyone let me know if you've noticed different tour operators at the terminal in GC?

Thanks for all the responses! :) I'm not going to stress out too much cos I'm hoping even if we miss our tour, there might be other tour operators at the terminal that we could sign up with. Can anyone let me know if you've noticed different tour operators at the terminal in GC?
Yes there will be many. We didn't have a tour scheduled and had no problem getting one. If you get ready early and go early to get your tender ticket you should be OK. Bob

Hello!

Thanks!

It works same way as for any other ship. If you on tour you will go first if not , just wait till all mad people leave ship and go ashore. Same with going back , don't wait till last tender to go back and you will not stand in lines.

We booked an MSC excursion to Sting Ray city, and beach!

It was great, the boat used to Sting Ray city was one of the largest out there, so it was very comfortable! And the personel were very good!

Because we were on an MSC excursion we only waited about 10 mins. in the theater to be called for the tender!

The return trip was about a 5 min. wait as the Divina was using several of its own boats to tender back and forth to the GC dock!:)

They also had little bottles of ice water on the dock in case you were thirsty waiting for a tender!:)

The bonus to booking the MSC excursion was the expense was added to our on board spending account, which gives you a bonus point for every $200. you spend in the loyalty club!:D