Dolphin swim picture question

dogchopper

Ok.. I'm going back and forth on the whole dolphin encounter or dolphin swim.. But, I'd really hate to do either one if I cannot take photos.

Anyone know the 'rule' on that? In Dolphinaris or in Chankanaab? I'm going with my sister and we both will be doing the swim or encounter.. Can we take photos of each other? :confused:

You cannot take photos. We did this excursion last year and it was AWESOME! The photos are very expensive. Best to go in with 1 or 2 others with your family and buy them on cd. There are free alcoholic drinks and food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You cannot take photos. We did this excursion last year and it was AWESOME! The photos are very expensive. Best to go in with 1 or 2 others with your family and buy them on cd. There are free alcoholic drinks and food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well dang I am not sure I want to do this if I cannot take photos :(

When we did the swim at Chankanaab during our first trip to Cozumel in 2012, the pics cost around $109. That was for all the pics of two of us (and there were a lot of them). One person was $89. If you buy the pics as singles they were around $30 each. We didn't budget specifically for pics, but as it was our first cruise we knew we might encounter something we didn't plan for and I had roughly that much extra cash with me.

It seemed like a lot at the time, but it turned out to be well worth it for the memories. We considered it money well spent. The only regret was that they didn't include any pics of our short manatee encounter after the dolphin swim, but they may not have taken any.

I do remember that prior to the swim, they offered to sell us single use waterproof cameras that you could take home and get developed yourself. I never heard how much they wanted for them.

Edited by Rudyard

In 2012 they let us take our water camera, in fact they sold disposable cameras there for people to use.

In 2013, they said no more cameras, and their package for One picture was over $25 dollars, we bought one of our daughter.

It is a great excursion, the picture we bought came on a "chip" and we printed as many as we wanted when we got home.

Safe travels.

In 2012 they let us take our water camera, in fact they sold disposable cameras there for people to use.

In 2013, they said no more cameras, and their package for One picture was over $25 dollars, we bought one of our daughter.

It is a great excursion, the picture we bought came on a "chip" and we printed as many as we wanted when we got home.

Safe travels.

That's what I was thinking. When I was on a cruise in June I talked to a guy who did the dolphin swim and he was a photographer by trade and he was disappointed because wasn't allowed to take pictures of his little girl during the dolphin swim.

He said the ones to purchase were very expensive too.

I'm just not sure if I'm willing to pay for the swim and then pay more for photos of it.. That's a lot of cash..

Edited by dogchopper

Hi

Can you tell me if they have lockers to put your stuff in while in the water with the dolphins? Also how much is the locker? Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Our family of four is booked for Chankanaab, but while two of us will be doing the dolphin swim, the other two are not. My son is a little leery, so we just purchased the park pass without encounter for my husband and him. However, I know he would enjoy watching if that's a possibility? Is there any possibility of onlookers getting any pictures? Assuming these wouldn't be close up by any means, but just curious. Thanks in advance!