bad weather/cancelling excursion

msweezie

So I was curious, what is the policy if you are signed up through the ship to do an excursion, such as a beach day, or river tubing, and it is a very rainy day. Can you cancel even if the excursion is going to go on, and get a refund? What if you booked through a local on the island? Has this ever happened to anyone?

I had scheduled an excursion through the ship on a day that we were not able to tender. It had been prepaid, but was refunded to my Sail and Sign account.

Last year, our day in St. Maarten was very rainy and we chose not to go on our scheduled excursion. We were not charged any fees, but I believe it depends on the tour operator's policy.

Note to self: Carnival transfers are also paid for through the excursion desk. We went to Guest Services on Day 4 to cancel the post cruise transfer because we wanted to hang out in the port area for a while since our flight didn't leave until the afternoon. We were told that we could not cancel it or get a refund.

You'd get a refund if Carnival cancels. If not then it goes according to the cancellation policy.

IIRC you'll get most, not all, if cancelled within a certain time. No refund if it's at the last minute.

Last spring in Grand Cayman, we went to the pier for our stingray excursion through the ship. We were informed that the water was high and rough that day and were given the opportunity to cancel and be refunded. We chose to go anyway and had to sign a form that we understood and couldn't be refunded later.

This was our first time swimming with stingrays and we would like to do it again. The water was up to my chin and some waves went right over our heads. This made it hard to see the stingrays but we could feel them swimming around us. This really was scary for me but it was an adventure we're glad we experienced.

Last spring in Grand Cayman, we went to the pier for our stingray excursion through the ship. We were informed that the water was high and rough that day and were given the opportunity to cancel and be refunded. We chose to go anyway and had to sign a form that we understood and couldn't be refunded later.

This was our first time swimming with stingrays and we would like to do it again. The water was up to my chin and some waves went right over our heads. This made it hard to see the stingrays but we could feel them swimming around us. This really was scary for me but it was an adventure we're glad we experienced.

I had this exact same experience but with NCL. I'm glad that Carnival has the same kind of policy as I would like to go again but not if the water is so rough. :(

I cancelled a diving excursion because I was sick. The purser was not going to issue a refund, until I threatened to complain to the head office. Then they refunded all but 20%, and let me know that that was a favor, they did not have to refund anything at all without proper prior notification.

I usually book private and look for a tour company that has a refund policy. This cruise coming up we have all 3 excursions booked with private companies and they all offer cancelations for any reason, even if we just don't feel like going.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums