Coffee

stuckinbuffalo

This is my fourth cruise with NCL so you would think I would remember this but I don't! Both my husband and I are coffee drinkers and hate to leave the room every morning to get a cup. I can't remember how big the coffee makers are and I want to bring my own filters and coffee......

So glad I read this post. So obvious but I might not have thought of that. How long of a wait?

You can pre-order with the breakfast order form for specific time frame - the form needs to be placed outside cabin door before 4am. The image of breakfast order menu is at the bottom of this post (photo by CC user johnql).

If placing an order ex tempore, in my experience room service can be really slow at times - personally I have not ordered anything else than food and it usually takes at least 30-45 minutes, but people here have reported very long waits for just drink orders too.

BreakfastDoorHangerMenu.jpg

My last cruise in 9/13 they did not put coffee makers in the regular cabins.

You have to ask the steward to get you one. Pot is small - a 2-cup

pot as I recall. I, too bring my own coffee & filters as I have to drink

decaf & do not like their coffee.

Rhea

Depends on the ship. Most of the coffee makers are the Mr. Coffee type (advertised as 4 cup, realistically 2 cups). The standard 4 cup filters fit them. On the Getaway, we had a new type single cup coffee maker that used a supplied filter packet.

DW and I love our coffee in the morning. We put out the room service door hanger every night and use the delivery as our wake up call every morning. There's no extra charge, (except a dollar or two tip, which is optional).

We've done this on all five cruise lines we've sailed with. It works like a champ, and usually the coffee is not too bad. You can write special instructions, i.e. extra Splenda, extra 1/2 & 1/2, etc. and they always comply.

As an alternative, we've called room service the night before, gave our morning order and what time and that works just as well.

Harvey

Order A couple of chocolate croissants and a couple of juices as well. We order a milk (comes in a small carton) because we do not like those pretend 'milk' things. Keeps fine in the fridge for a couple of days.

Always order extra OJ and keep in the fridge for a cold drink on return from an excursion or for mimosas with our Platinum bubbly.

So glad I read this post. How long of a wait?

LOL!!!! This is me!!!

I think i had them deliver at 6:30 so it was there when I woke up.

Had my husband go to door and get it!!

I like my coffee Hot and I don't remember it not being hot enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand about ordering coffee, but sometimes I like a "quick" cup in the afternoon...and room service is not quick.

How do you get coffee for the in room coffee makers. Should I bring some along or is it readily available?

We are on Getaway in 3 weeks...

Thanks!

When I was on the Gem our steward was always willing to bring us as many supplies for the coffee pot as we wanted, including condiments.:) (We had a balcony cabin and had a coffee maker, the kids were in an inside cabin across the hall and they did not.)

Edited by sparks1093