Nieuw Amsterdam January 11 onboard

mariners

For those embarking on the next cruise, all is well onboard and there has been no further illness (at least that causes any issues for the rest of the passengers). The last formal night dining in the MDR is very nice except for having to share tables (which is only an issue for some of us on Open Seating). For a large part of the cruise, we have not dined in the MDR as we much prefer Tamarind and Pinnacle Grill or dining ashore. Once you are onboard, you can decide what works best for you.

We've had a great time with our friends, and I will write a review once I am home.

Just curious. Is this "sharing required" in open dining a new phenomena?

Sandra is onboard and in Tamarind. She will be on next cruise, too.

The engine does not appear to be a problem, but I don't know for sure if it has been fixed.

The shared tables has been an issue for us, and others, on this cruise. As this is our first Holland America cruise, I don't know if it is typical and/or a change.

The engine does not appear to be a problem, but I don't know for sure if it has been fixed.

The shared tables has been an issue for us, and others, on this cruise. As this is our first Holland America cruise, I don't know if it is typical and/or a change.

I am glad to hear about the engine! Next week we only have 3 ports, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Costa Maya. If any are missed, it is no biggie.

Since the cruise I will be on is a charter, all dining room rules are tossed out the window.

It has been a lovely day here in Fort Lauderdale, time to watch the cruise ships depart, it looks like the Oasis or Allure has just set sail! A Princess ship is right behind. I have to say, we have a great view, we are staying at the W and are 30th floor ocean front. I love to see the sail aways!

I have tell you that this thread is freaking me out a little for my first cruise with HAL... We leave in just a week on the NA and the idea of blown motors, Luke warm food and dysfunctional toilets is not exactly what I was hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i was on mid november and there were no issues at all...loved the ship and the cruise

Thanks for finding Sandra for me!