Pre Ordering beverage package out of Galveston

as example I wanted a 12 year old scotch the 1st few hours of cruise the only scotch they had was 8 year old Dewars, but after couple of hours you could order anything, another stupid Texas thing is they will tax you if you return with any booze this is after you pay any duty.

They don't have a freestyle machine but in the windjammer there is a self serve soda dispenser (like you would find at any fast food restaurant) with the basic coke/diet coke/sprite and maybe some others. There was a sign on it in September that said it was only to be used by people with a drink package.

We had purchased the wine package on the Navigator in June 2014. We ordered a bottle of wine for dinner. Instead of just telling us the truth the waitress lied about why she could not bring the wine that we had ordered. We had finished our main course and still no wine. We asked to speak with the head waiter and he finally told us the real reason that they couldn't bring the bottle. If the waitress had told us what the rules were it wouldn't have been a problem.

• 1 month later...
We had purchased the wine package on the Navigator in June 2014. We ordered a bottle of wine for dinner. Instead of just telling us the truth the waitress lied about why she could not bring the wine that we had ordered. We had finished our main course and still no wine. We asked to speak with the head waiter and he finally told us the real reason that they couldn't bring the bottle. If the waitress had told us what the rules were it wouldn't have been a problem.

This is exactly my concern/fear, Fat Paul; and I'm sorry it happened to you. It seems to me that one 'work-around' is to have a later dinner on the first evening, in case the ship does not leave on time. Another alternative might be to have our own bottle standing by, because we can have our own, can't we?

Like you, we just want the truth, and to know the rules of the game.

cruise on..........Lisa