Not sure... Help please

Miss JAD

Hi - please help with the timing and logistics. We will be arriving in Cozumel on Celebrity Reflection at 7 am and the ship leaves at 4pm.

I was thinking about going to Nachi Cocum for the day. Nachi Cocum opens at 9am.

When we arrive is the ship time really only 6 am Cozumel time? I guess it is only a 20 min drive to Nachi. How much time will it take to get back at the end of the day. If we left at 2:30 ship time that should be lots.

Get off ship at 9:30 which is 8:30 Cozumel.

Hang out at Nachi until 2:30 ship time = 1:30 Cozumel time. This leaves about 4 hours to spend at Nachi. $55 each.

Should we just try to find a quiet beach spot with bar for this time. Any suggestions on something close to the ship that won't be too crazy? Really just looking for sun, ocean, a lounge chair, quiet and a few drinks with a snack for lunch.

Thanks for reading this and helping.

Edited by Miss JAD

We like Nachi and you can get your moneys worth there in about 4 hours.

Paradise Beach is cheaper (non-AI) option - $3 admission, with great facilities and a HUGE pool.

Another option, with a cheaper cab fare ($10 vs. $17) is the Money Bar - great snorkeling, no admission fee, good facilities/food/service - but no beach (you enter the water via steps and there is a sandy area for sunning and relaxing).

Good luck! :)

Logistically, you'll be able to spend a nice chunk of time at any of the available beach clubs. I guess it all depends on what kind of a beach day you're looking for (there are many options). If you prefer a quiet beach day with great amenities and lots to drink, Nachi Cocum would definitely be the place to go. Not a party beach--it's quiet and relaxing. Definitely a great place to enjoy yourself.

I am also a big fan of Paradise Beach. As John mentioned earlier, it has great facilities, clean bathrooms and a nice big pool. It's a little more active. My family went there a few years back and had a blast! You can also purchase a wristband to access the various water toys. Great food and yummy drinks.

As far as Cozumel time vs ship's time, this explanation might be helpful.

Have fun! Cozumel is one of my favorite ports of call. :D