Warning About the Potential for LGBT Members to Be Removed from Celebrity Cruises

BayAreaBC

A belated update.

IMHO, the problem was WAY too much alcohol by both the LGBT group and the obnoxious straight closeted Ozzie guy who was WAY too much interested in having a gay experience. His clumsy way of expressing that interest was to repeatedly insult the LGBT group. The guy he repeatedly insulted is very handsome and has a fun and friendly personality.

Celebrity blew it with their inept response but this I believe was due to an employee who didn't know how to deal with it and not a Celebrity policy.

From previous trips to Australia racism, sexism and homophobia are almost to be expected.

A belated update.

IMHO, the problem was WAY too much alcohol by both the LGBT group and the obnoxious straight closeted Ozzie guy who was WAY too much interested in having a gay experience. His clumsy way of expressing that interest was to repeatedly insult the LGBT group. The guy he repeatedly insulted is very handsome and has a fun and friendly personality.

Celebrity blew it with their inept response but this I believe was due to an employee who didn't know how to deal with it and not a Celebrity policy.

From previous trips to Australia racism, sexism and homophobia are almost to be expected.

oh come on mate that was not fairdinkum and thems is fighting words...especially considering your background.

I think you'll find that down here in the Antipodes that our society is far more open and free minded than some who consider their cultures to be 1st world.

i would have thought that someone who claims to be as well travelled as you do to be a little more logical and sensible in their comments than you have just done.

Edited by roscoe39
tempering my language!

I can't believe this thread has been resurrected at all, let alone for the apparent purpose of bashing Australians. Time for the mods to close it off.

I think somebody likes the drama, can you imagine?

As to Australian bashing, I have travelled to Australia over 20 times (actually I've lost count) and have also travelled with crowds of Aussies on a number of cruises including the bogan aussie P&O line. In all my times I have yet to experience homophobic abuse. Kiwi bashing yes, but then you expect that from those inferior aussie types.

Now the fact that he sexually touched someone s a criminal action may have had something to do with it.

Some guy touches my partner they wont be put off the ship they'll be carried off.

A belated update.

Don't think you know much about Australia mate.

Though I suspect that f that is your attitude you might have had some problems in Aus.

As to Australian bashing, I have travelled to Australia over 20 times (actually I've lost count) and have also travelled with crowds of Aussies on a number of cruises including the bogan aussie P&O line. In all my times I have yet to experience homophobic abuse. Kiwi bashing yes, but then you expect that from those inferior aussie types.

But if Aussies didn't pick on Kiwi's they'd think we didn't like 'em any more.

lol....:D