Just off the Pride. Any questions?

jetexpress

Hi!

I'm really looking forward to your review!

Just curious if you remember what time the welcome aboard show started on your first day.

Thanks in advance for the info.

I believe it was around 10:15, but don't quote me on that. I will dig the FunTimes out of the luggage tomorrow to let you know for sure.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh wow! No food served in the Red Frog Pub? Carnival's website shows both the Ted Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar and the pub is supposed to have the "Pub Grub" menu. My boys were looking forward to that in August. Oh well, I am sure they will find plenty of other food to eat! 😀

If there was any food, I sure missed it. I didn't notice any listed on the two menu cards that were on each table. Then again, I only skimmed them over and usually just ordered Thirsty Frog Red on tap.

Do you remember what movies were showing at the Dive in Theater?

I know I saw Grown Ups 2, Dawn of Planet of the Apes, Divergent, Malificient,and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all listed. Will have to check the FunTimes for any others.

On Monday they showed the College Football National Championship game. Also saw a few concerts playing when walking through Lido deck. Mostly, during the day it was just the beach scenes playing. Thankfully there was no GMA, Today Show or CNN blaring each morning.

Edited by jetexpress

What was the weather like...temp wise? We leave next Sunday and cant wait for warm weather!!

Pretty comfortable most of the week. Not too overly hot and humid. It rained at Belize and a few times in the middle of the night.

Yesterday, our 2nd sea day, was very windy and chilly. We both thought they could have closed the roof over the lido pool and it would have been much more comfortable. Most of the forward, upper decks were closed along with the two water slides.

Edited by jetexpress

Pretty comfortable most of the week. Not too overly hot and humid. It rained at Belize and a few times in the middle of the night.

Yesterday, our 2nd sea day, was very windy and chilly. We both thought they could have closed the roof over the lido pool and it would have been much more comfortable. Most of the forward, upper decks were closed along with the two water slides.

Thanks...anything is warmer than the NE weather right now :)

Did you leave on time and arrive on time? We also get on next week!

I believe we left a little late from Tampa. Went underneath the skyway bridge about 2hrs 15mins after sailing.

We did leave Grand Cayman about two hours late due to a guest that was disembarked for a medical issue. Arrived in to Tampa this morning about on time though.

Oh wow! No food served in the Red Frog Pub? Carnival's website shows both the Ted Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar and the pub is supposed to have the "Pub Grub" menu. My boys were looking forward to that in August. Oh well, I am sure they will find plenty of other food to eat!

I was on her in November just after dry dock. RFP had some kind of fried and salted peas. I've seen plantains in there.

My cabin, extended balcony on 7, had the old TV.

How was the internet? Unfortunately I have to work on two on-line classes during our upcoming cruise.

I will be taking two online courses while we are on our cruise as well, are you not able to get a week a head so you don't have to do it on vacation? I know probably a silly question and I know some professors don't allow that.

From my previous experience the internet was slower than at home but manageable. Just load times can be slow.

Both the Lido and MDR food was good. At dinner there was a little bit of overlap of what was offered. However, none of the cold soups were offered in Lido.

Do they still have the cold soup at every Dinner in the restaurant?