Price drop, OBC after final payment?

Lorey2007

well, I don't know what everyone else is doing to get OBC or upgrades. The price of my cruise has dropped over $800 and I have called twice........"there is nothing we can do, your category of room is sold out". This is my first time with NCL and on all the other cruise lines I have been on, they at least give you something. Not a very nice way to treat a new customer. I was very, very nice too! Pretty much saying I would take anything. It is actually more $$ because I happened to book/final pay before beverage package and dining package promotion (3 days before):mad: so that in itself is over $1000 for 21 day cruise!! Oh well. I am glad someone is getting all the perks, probably won't sail on NCL again since they must not really want my cruise $$$. As much as I am spending, seems like they could give me $25 OBC! Anyway, it will be fun and the price must have been right for me to book, but it does make me sad to read about everyone getting all these upgrades and OBC, there should be some kind of procedure that is followed where everyone gets the same type of treatment. Just saying.............

Level six, you should be able to upgrade. Are you working with a PCC or a TA?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I booked directly with NCL, PCC I guess, although I have never talked to him/her. I am on hold now, price went down $200 more today...........I doubt I will get anything, but, what the heck.

Edited by Level six

Waited on hold 2 hours and hung up!!! I will hold my judgement until after the cruise, but, haven't been too happy with NCL so far, especially after being on hold 2 hours, never to get an answer. Really, all my cruises on other cruises lines have been wonderful, never made a single complaint, from booking, to boarding to sailing. Not with NCL, it has been one thing after another, and nothing to do with OBC or upgrade, that just adds the icing on the cake. Oh well, bigger problem now it flying out of JFK( and all the snow they are supposed to get) on Monday to Rome............. I could care less about upgrade now, just want to be able to get to Rome and on the darn ship!!

Edited by Level six

Level six, you should be able to upgrade. Are you working with a PCC or a TA?

I am on the same cruise with Level6 and I too are getting the shaft. We cannot upgrade as there are none available.Everything appears to be sold out. So we get back to the "there is nothing to compare it with"

Steve

I am on the same cruise with Level6 and I too are getting the shaft. We cannot upgrade as there are none available.Everything appears to be sold out. So we get back to the "there is nothing to compare it with"

Steve

I know, I hear all these stories about how great the upgrades are and the OBC.........seriously, so far NCL has been the worst cruiseline I have ever dealt with from the very beginning. I hope this is not how the cruise will be. Hopefully we will see you in a few days...........traveling thru JFK and the storm is coming!

What is the app you are talking about that notifies you of price drops.

I can't name the exact site but if you google "cruise price drop alerts" some will come up it's the one with the fish in it.

In my case I am still 83 days away so because I am not at their 75 day cancellation policy date they were able to re price me with a new booking. They did not do a new booking because I already had to many other things paid for, excursions, gratuities and also had dining reservations made the rep had to get a supervisor to approve it. I also did a mock booking a few days ago and it had said my category had sold out but low and behold yesterday it had not.:confused: I did have to wait on hold for 25 minutes and then it took a good 25 minutes to get the change. I will keep checking until I am 75 days out and then call it quits.

This is my first NCL cruise and have learned a lot, not all cruise lines are the same. Please enjoy your cruise.

well, i don't know what everyone else is doing to get obc or upgrades. The price of my cruise has dropped over $800 and i have called twice........"there is nothing we can do, your category of room is sold out". This is my first time with ncl and on all the other cruise lines i have been on, they at least give you something. Not a very nice way to treat a new customer. I was very, very nice too! Pretty much saying i would take anything. It is actually more $$ because i happened to book/final pay before beverage package and dining package promotion (3 days before):mad: So that in itself is over $1000 for 21 day cruise!! Oh well. I am glad someone is getting all the perks, probably won't sail on ncl again since they must not really want my cruise $$$. As much as i am spending, seems like they could give me $25 obc! Anyway, it will be fun and the price must have been right for me to book, but it does make me sad to read about everyone getting all these upgrades and obc, there should be some kind of procedure that is followed where everyone gets the same type of treatment. Just saying.............

i would call back and speak to someone else, you should be able to at least get an upgrade.

i would call back and speak to someone else, you should be able to at least get an upgrade.

Doesn't matter if you are nice or a PITA - after final payment they don't need to do anything...trust me I know. BUT I find NCL more likely to give you something rather than nothing at all...RCCL - good luck, you could be diamond plus plus plus and they won't budge...not even chocolate strawberries..

I booked once and the price went down by $3000...(xmas cruise)...

So now I'm playing the waiting till the last minute to book and hope to go one and if not, live with it.

Sort of related to this topic.....are other cruise lines as accommodating as NCL? I'm almost Diamond on another line, and I've never been offered anything for a price drop. I have since learned to ask/watch price, but NCL customer service is awesome!

If you're talking about RCCL, yes they accommodate as well in the form of category upgrades. We went from a Promenade to a Balcony on our November LOS cruise as a result of price drops. All we had to do was ask.

Doesn't matter if you are nice or a PITA - after final payment they don't need to do anything...trust me I know. BUT I find NCL more likely to give you something rather than nothing at all...RCCL - good luck, you could be diamond plus plus plus and they won't budge...not even chocolate strawberries..

So now I'm playing the waiting till the last minute to book and hope to go one and if not, live with it.

I can tell you I will never book an NCL in advance again. Last minute only.

There are no available upgrades. All but insides are sold out. The cruise leaves in 2 weeks

They do have family insides, but? I leave in 4 days! I guess you are on the second leg of the cruise. I don't know how so many people get OBC. I am more than happy with my cabin. Oh well. CBC, we will see you in two weeks, happy and safe travels to you.

I'm with you about waiting, never again will I book early. Plus, all the promo, UBP and dining, it is not worth it to book early. But, I guess that is what they are teaching us..............oh well, I am still happy to be going on a cruise.

They do have family insides, but? I leave in 4 days! I guess you are on the second leg of the cruise. I don't know how so many people get OBC. I am more than happy with my cabin. Oh well. CBC, we will see you in two weeks, happy and safe travels to you.

Yes I am on the 2nd leg, and the next leg as well:)

The OBC was a promo last September that I spotted (before final payment). I got 20% of my cruise fare in OBC. Over $700 worth. That will pay for all my tips and still leave me with $300 to spend.

The 4 upgrades I got were before final again.They at one time even offered me a mini suite for no additional charge.I decided to get the Aft instead.

I probably should not complain but when I see them giving the Ultimate beverage and dining promo, I would gladly give up my OBC considering the price was about $700 lower than I paid. That burns my cookies.:mad:

It does not pay to book early.:rolleyes:

See you at the M&M on the 20th.

Safe travels

Steve

Yes I am on the 2nd leg, and the next leg as well:)

The OBC was a promo last September that I spotted (before final payment). I got 20% of my cruise fare in OBC. Over $700 worth. That will pay for all my tips and still leave me with $300 to spend.

The 4 upgrades I got were before final again.They at one time even offered me a mini suite for no additional charge.I decided to get the Aft instead.

I probably should not complain but when I see them giving the Ultimate beverage and dining promo, I would gladly give up my OBC considering the price was about $700 lower than I paid. That burns my cookies.:mad:

It does not pay to book early.:rolleyes:

See you at the M&M on the 20th.

Safe travels

Steve

Love "that burns my cookies" I have never heard that!! Made me smile. Sounds like you made out pretty good, so, don't burn the cookies!! haha, see you soon!

It pays to book early if you want a specific category cabin and there are a limited number of them. We book Deck 10 AFT suites on Dawn, Star, Jewel and Pearl and there are only 4 of them on hat specific deck. As soon as itineraries are released, we book. We prefer that location (almost more than the Haven suites) and know that if we want to score one we need to move quickly. Booking early isn't for everyone but it works for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i booked 5 days ago (with 28 days til sailing) for the Breakaway.

thru Orbitz. The entire trip dropped $100 the next day.

The 1st call i made to Orbitz, who spoke to NCL, offered me $25 OBC. i declined.

Waited about 30 min and called the same # for Orbitz, and they called NCL, this time they offered the full $100 credit to my CC.

3 days later, the price dropped another $429, this time i called 2X again and was only offered $100 OBC, which i have yet to see.

lesson learned...don't book early.

i'm in Category O1, they told me there's no similar category that they can upgrade me to, (no way they were going to give me Haven)

Love "that burns my cookies" I have never heard that!! Made me smile. Sounds like you made out pretty good, so, don't burn the cookies!! haha, see you soon!

Nope. with the new promo I got burned bad.:mad: I could have paid $700 less,have the same cabin and got the UBP and UDP That promo for 2 people for 21 days is worth over $2000.

It pays to book early if you want a specific category cabin and there are a limited number of them. We book Deck 10 AFT suites on Dawn, Star, Jewel and Pearl and there are only 4 of them on hat specific deck. As soon as itineraries are released, we book. We prefer that location (almost more than the Haven suites) and know that if we want to score one we need to move quickly. Booking early isn't for everyone but it works for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will agree with that. My original booking was for a guantee cabin in catagory BX. Bottom catagory at a bottom price. They manipulated my upgrades and pricing so they always kept the full fare I paid. I give them credit. The only thing I hit them for was a OBC promo I spotted.