Esta required for Alaska cruise from Vancouver?

Hi everyone, have now done both our Esta applications, paid and Authorization approved straight away. Another thing less to think about!

So thanks once again you helpful cruisers. Julie:D

Much better finding out now than later. :-) Hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly.

I have just completed and paid for the ESTA online.We've been approved for entry :D.

I printed the receipt for the USD 28 (for 2). Is this all I need should take? I was expecting something more "official" .

Thanks in advance.

Hi Anna - you don't really need to take anything as it's all electronically connected to your passport. However to be on the safe side print off the sheet that includes the numbers that relate to your waiver.

Hi Anna - you don't really need to take anything as it's all electronically connected to your passport. However to be on the safe side print off the sheet that includes the numbers that relate to your waiver.

Will do. About the other post this morning, I changed the information to the last LAX hotel in the US before our flight home....even if we are only there from 8am to 8pm.

I'm not sure which area of the cruise personaliser you were in, but we too are on an Alaskan cruise and we were only asked for one address and I entered our home details.:confused:

It gets a bit more exciting as you are able to cross things off the long list of to do items - like completing the ESTA and the BIG plus they let you in!!! Marianne

Hi Bizzie,

I see you're heading over that way and are excited as well. I'm hoping the dollar doesn't drop too much :o.

If you want to see what I was on about re that address, here's the path:

Log into your cruise , then Guest Check-In, then Guest Information, then travel documents. Under the passport info, there's the Non-US Citizen Information and Princess wants your address while in the US post the cruise. Rather than put the Princess Alaskan lodges address, I chose the LAX hotel. That'll do :rolleyes:

Email me if you have any hot tips for Alaska to share. We're on the Connoisseur cruisetour.

Cheers,

Anna

We were required to have it when we travelled between the Mexico and the US and also Canada and the US on a coach.

We required esta to transit from Vancouver to Seattle on the Amtrack Cascades train.

US officials were located at the train station in Vancouver & you had to present your passport & train ticket. We actually had an issue at that point, with DW's esta not appearing in their system. After some delay & worry that we would miss the train, we were permitted to pass on thru.

Border agents also boarded the train once we entered US territory and checked our passports again. I guess is the equivalent of the practices when driving over the border. These officers had no facility to check electonic esta on the train & the train had not stopped since Vancouver until that point, so I'm not sure of the purpose.

OK Anna - you're gonna laugh - but these are the details I put in here - in fact I did it quite a while ago so that's why I didn't remember it.

I put:

Address: Touring Alaska

City: Anchorage

State: Alaska

and then for Zip Code I put "90210" after the TV show from years ago as that's the only one I know!!

It accepted the info - so it's all good.

As you are booked on the Connoisseur cruise tour mostly everything will be organised for you. We did purchase the Northern Lights Coupon book as we can take advantage of quite a few things in it.

We do 8 nights in an RV in the Canadian Rockies, then fly to Vancouver for a couple of days, we are then on the Coral Princess to Anchorage and then we have an RV booked and will be touring around Alaska for 2 weeks. We then take the train from Anchorage to Seward where we jump on the Radiance to cruise back to Vancouver. It was not much dearer to do the second cruise than a nights accommodation and flight back - so we thought why not.

We leave Australia on the 28th April (flying to Honolulu) and I think that's the first day of your cruise.

I'm sure we'll both have a ball! We have become "hooked" on a few Foxtel programs about Alaska, so it will be great to see the place in "real life". :)

We are Aussies travelling through Hawaii to Vancouver, then Rocky Mountaineer to Calgary and then flying to San Francisco. We then cruise to Alaska and then B2B back to Aust. I know we have to get the ESTA but do we require anything else for the Canada portion

We are Aussies travelling through Hawaii to Vancouver, then Rocky Mountaineer to Calgary and then flying to San Francisco. We then cruise to Alaska and then B2B back to Aust. I know we have to get the ESTA but do we require anything else for the Canada portion

If you are travelling on an Australian Passport - you don't have to get any type of entry permit / visa for Canada. However, if you have a recent DUI charge - Canada consider this a criminal office and you may be denied entry.

OK Anna - you're gonna laugh - but these are the details I put in here - in fact I did it quite a while ago so that's why I didn't remember it.

I put:

Address: Touring Alaska

City: Anchorage

State: Alaska

and then for Zip Code I put "90210" after the TV show from years ago as that's the only one I know!!

It accepted the info - so it's all good.

As you are booked on the Connoisseur cruise tour mostly everything will be organised for you. We did purchase the Northern Lights Coupon book as we can take advantage of quite a few things in it.

We do 8 nights in an RV in the Canadian Rockies, then fly to Vancouver for a couple of days, we are then on the Coral Princess to Anchorage and then we have an RV booked and will be touring around Alaska for 2 weeks. We then take the train from Anchorage to Seward where we jump on the Radiance to cruise back to Vancouver. It was not much dearer to do the second cruise than a nights accommodation and flight back - so we thought why not.

We leave Australia on the 28th April (flying to Honolulu) and I think that's the first day of your cruise.

I'm sure we'll both have a ball! We have become "hooked" on a few Foxtel programs about Alaska, so it will be great to see the place in "real life". :)

Sounds like a big adventure, Bizzie. All the best with your plans and the trip.

Anna

We too are doing Alaska in Sept. We are flying to LA and doing on 8 week road trip of the US mid July. Then we are going to Seattle to board the Solstice for a 11 night Ultimate Alaska cruise to Vancouver including the inside passage then spending 4 nights in Vancouver before flying back home

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there, can anyone tell me if we need an ESTA for our cruise? We are doing the glacier discovery on HAL Volendam, Vancouver return. We are travelling on our Aussie passports.

Before the cruise we are hiring a motorhome in Vancouver and will be going into USA but we do not need it for that as we are entering by land.

This is the official site, cost US$14 per person. Please ensure status comes back as approved prior to travel.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

We too are doing Alaska in Sept. We are flying to LA and doing on 8 week road trip of the US mid July. Then we are going to Seattle to board the Solstice for a 11 night Ultimate Alaska cruise to Vancouver including the inside passage then spending 4 nights in Vancouver before flying back home

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do hope you are going to be in Denali to experience the beautiful Autumn colours, the mountain was in view the whole time we were there, just stunning. We did our own independent trip.

We also hired a motorhome in 2012, had 10 weeks touring western US. Do make sure you get a park pass. We managed to visit 14 NP's and they were all so different. Have a great cruise and m/home trip.

Do hope you are going to be in Denali to experience the beautiful Autumn colours, the mountain was in view the whole time we were there, just stunning. We did our own independent trip.

We also hired a motorhome in 2012, had 10 weeks touring western US. Do make sure you get a park pass. We managed to visit 14 NP's and they were all so different. Have a great cruise and m/home trip.

One day, that will be me as well. Sounds wonderful.:D