Burgers/Hot Dogs...

nursemommy7578

I've been on the breeze twice and don't recall hot dogs or burgers on the buffet. Rumor has it the deli has a hot dog but I've never ordered one. There is also a hot dog stand by the sport court that has very limited hours.

No. Once Guys is closed, no burgers for you. This is one of the big downsides of having Guys. Only Guys is allowed to serve burgers, as they have exclusive rights to the burgers, and they have limited hours. (but not as limited as the hot dog stand.) I didn't know about the deli hot dog rumor. And I've heard that you can order a burger or hot dog off the dining room menu, probably from the kids menu, which anyone can order off of. I guess the dining room is exempt from the restrictions of Guys & the hot dog stand. But the buffet is definitely under the restrictions.

No. Once Guys is closed, no burgers for you. This is one of the big downsides of having Guys.

When I did my cruises on non-2.0 ships, I remember seeing burgers in the buffet around midnight. That, and hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries, etc. So what do late-night buffets serve on 2.0 ships? They can't serve burgers (because of Guy's) or Mexican food (because of Blue Iguana). And on Magic and newer, they probably can't serve hot dogs (because of Sea Dogs). Then what would they have in the buffet late at night? Only pizza?

This still raises the question: why would there be restrictions in the first place? I can kind of understand that with Guy's, because it's an outside brand. But why Blue Iguana or Sea Dogs? They're Carnival-owned! It seems bizarre for a company to limit itself by its own brands.

On a side note, how good are the Sea Dogs hot dog? Closer to Nathan's or closer to the generic-brand ones for $0.79 a pack?

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

When I did my cruises on non-2.0 ships, I remember seeing burgers in the buffet around midnight. That, and hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries, etc. So what do late-night buffets serve on 2.0 ships? They can't serve burgers (because of Guy's) or Mexican food (because of Blue Iguana). And on Magic and newer, they probably can't serve hot dogs (because of Sea Dogs). Then what would they have in the buffet late at night? Only pizza?

?

the deli is opened until 11pm. You can get a hot dog there.

and the buffet is not opened after 9:30

one ship it was served where the taste bar is-- and called it midnight bites

That would be the Freedom, which was the ONLY ship to have it along the Promenade and only offer cheese/crackers and similar food items. All others were at a grill, usually the aft one or inside the Lido restaurant on Fantasy class ships.

Even though it isn't like the Gala Buffet from years past, many considered the "Late Night Snacks" as a midnight buffet, because it was midnight and offered unlimited food with some items in a buffet like setting.

Edited by Pixelate

That would be the Freedom, which was the ONLY ship to have it along the Promenade and only offer cheese/crackers and similar food items. All others were at a grill, usually the aft one or inside the Lido restaurant on Fantasy class ships.

Even though it isn't like the Gala Buffet from years past, many considered the "Late Night Snacks" as a midnight buffet, because it was midnight and offered unlimited food with some items in a buffet like setting.

so whats served there?

last cruise was the glory-- and they also had the midnight bites-- I am sailing on Splendor and they have the late night bistro

so whats served there?

last cruise was the glory-- and they also had the midnight bites-- I am sailing on Splendor and they have the late night bistro

I can only tell you what is served on ships that don't offer Guy's Burger Joint. I tend not to sail on ships that have Fun Ship 2.0. Unless something has changed, Splendor will have burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, fries and other grill options except chicken fingers.

Edited by Pixelate

Only during limited times and never on the buffet, to be honest, I don't even think there were french fries on the buffet as I never saw my kids have any. I didn't find the lunch buffet very kid friendly, imo.

Just was on the Breeze last week and by Friday I was dying for a hot dog lol

This still raises the question: why would there be restrictions in the first place? I can kind of understand that with Guy's, because it's an outside brand. But why Blue Iguana or Sea Dogs? They're Carnival-owned! It seems bizarre for a company to limit itself by its own brands.

I don't understand the restrictions either, but it's there. Although, I'm not sure if the hot dogs are restricted.

On ships that have Guys & Blue Iguana cantina (which not all 2.0 ships have), late in the evening, all you have to eat is pizza & ice cream. Nothing else. The pizza is slammed with people then too. This was how it was for me on the Breeze.

On ships that have Guys & Blue Iguana cantina (which not all 2.0 ships have), late in the evening, all you have to eat is pizza & ice cream. Nothing else. The pizza is slammed with people then too. This was how it was for me on the Breeze.

Oh look! Another reason to hate Fun Ship 2.0!

I can only tell you what is served on ships that don't offer Guy's Burger Joint. I tend not to sail on ships that have Fun Ship 2.0. Unless something has changed, Splendor will have burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, fries and other grill options except chicken fingers.

which is the main reason I booked the Splendor.