First time PG cruise recommendation ?

Kingofcool1947

MotuIslander, we will be on the 6/9 cruise and this is our first with PG. Any recommendations or tips? Have cruise experience on Seabourn.

Tejascruzin - Do you mean the 6/10? If so, it is too late to book anything online. But, if I am correct that you are on the cruise that begins on Wednesday, look us up and we will give you all the inside scoop. A few of us will be meeting for a sail-away cocktail at the Pool Bar on the second night (6/10, Huahine).

We will be at the Tahiti IC on Monday and Tuesday, then off to the ship on Wednesday afternoon.

Steve

Edited by MotuIslander

Wow. We will need snorkel vests and water shoes for sure. I think the 7 day is the way we will go, thanks to all your suggestions here and on other posts. I wish we could go this year, but other things already booked.

Most vendors provide them when you are on their boats. I frankly would not book a boat or get in the water without one and I consider myself a good swimmer.

It is disappointing that the ship no longer provides them to those who require them, isn't it? I've rarely used one, but could have used it last year when I was weaker than usual.

In USVI they are mandatory, probably other places too.

Tejascruzin - Do you mean the 6/10? If so, it is too late to book anything online. But, if I am correct that you are on the cruise that begins on Wednesday, look us up and we will give you all the inside scoop. A few of us will be meeting for a sail-away cocktail at the Pool Bar on the second night (6/10, Huahine).

We will be at the Tahiti IC on Monday and Tuesday, then off to the ship on Wednesday afternoon.

Steve

Sorry, meant (6/11, Huahine)

• 1 month later...

Hi all....

another hopeful PG newbie with a I am thinking of the 10 day cruise in the summer of 2017 and know that itineraries won't be out for some time. I submitted by name and email to the PG website and was contacted a travel agent from an independent agency. He stated his role is as a 'concierge' for my plans.

Can I not book directly with PG or do I have to be at their mercy to connect me to someone they contract with?

This cruise has been on my bucket list forever!!!!:)

Can I not book directly with PG or do I have to be at their mercy to connect me to someone they contract with?

I don't know what their policies on booking direct are, but there are several good travel agencies out there that are very knowledgeable about this ship. But we cannot name them; unfortunately you'll have to find them for yourself since we are prohibited from naming them here.

Just do some googling and mention the words "luxury cruise" in your search. Then you can phone or email a couple of them and have a chat.

Hi all....

another hopeful PG newbie with a I am thinking of the 10 day cruise in the summer of 2017 and know that itineraries won't be out for some time. I submitted by name and email to the PG website and was contacted a travel agent from an independent agency. He stated his role is as a 'concierge' for my plans.

I booked directly through the PG- Found the number on their website. The biggest perk was that she gave me every possible on board credit she could find through the company. Seriously I had like 650 dollars worth. It was amazing.

You can go either directly through PG cruises or contact a travel agent. Be sure if going through a travel agent that they have lots of experience with luxury cruises since they can do more for you.

Better yet, call the cruise line directly and ask for their best deal.

Thanks so much to all the responses regarding the travel agent!

I am in the teeny tiny planning stages of this great adventure (hoping for summer 2017) so I have plenty of time to do my research...and I'm a planner to be sure!

The email I got was from an independently owned and operated agency that rhymes with Havoya.

Are they ok? :)

If you are looking for summer of 2017 come with us on the repeaters. PG cruises pulls out all stops for this ...the last one was great.

Don't know if I can wait that long! Being aboard the other day made me start thinking about getting back earlier!

Don't know if I can wait that long! Being aboard the other day made me start thinking about getting back earlier!

So....go in 2016 and then again in 2017!

Unfortunately, I have to wait because of other plans.