Reflection ship

sunshade11

Hi, i find the back of the ship has some vibrations to it and the balconies are not very private. I think with the wonderful private dining in blu for breakfast and dinner makes the aqua class worth the few extra dollars. You also get unlimitted use of the persian gardens which is a wonderful place to relax

On my next cruise the difference from Concierge to Aqua is £400, I find Blu to squashed up so I prefer to spend my cash else where

But I respect your comments as I know a lot of people like Blu and the other things Aqua attracts.

We absolutely love the aft cabins and have never had any issues with vibrations or lack of privacy - our next 3 cruises are all in aft cabins so we are very happy cruisers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for comments. Am wondering though if its worth the extra money to go with Concierge or just get the basic sunset veranda stateroom. BOTH are located in the aft so we don't have to worry about that!

MANY people will tell you that the.CC benefits are not worth much at all. They sound nice but in reality just don't deliver much value. I think cabin location should be the overriding decision-maker. All the cabins are the same size on S class so that's a non issue. Some people swear by the perks of CC, but they are worth at a maximum $50/pp for the entire cruise in our opinion but we would only book one if it was in an ideal location. The bathrobe and towels, who cares. The bottle of bubbly? Not very good and worth about $30 max. The canapés? Not good and who needs more food! You get the idea. . .just go with the standard aft cabin and save the money for fun things!

You have to evaluate the different in cost compared to the benefits received.

Sometimes the perks far exceed the difference in cost. I booked a CC for $200 pp more than a A1 balcony and got $300 SBC, gratuities and Bev pack plus another $350 from the TA and $300 for a future cruise certificate. If I took the A1 I would lose out on the gratuities, $300 SBC and less SBC on the future cruise certificate plus maybe less form the TA. It was a no brainier. Both cabins had the balcony on the slant. AQ was $400 more pp and I didn't feel that it is worth the extra cost for that cruise.

Many love aft cabins, I am not one of them. There is no privacy and the fishtailing motion makes me nauseous. There is also the soot issue.

It is all personal choice.

Happyncruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I love aft cabins, but didn't care for mine on the Reflection . Unlike the M class, these balconies are standard size...also, with so much to do on this ship, we spent very little time on our balcony. On our most recent cruise, we opted for AQ instead and loved the Persian Gardens! We ate in Blu 4 of 7 nights and never had a crowd or a wait. It was a great experience!

Edited by akowilm

On a 7 day cruise the grats are about $170 and the OBC is maybe $300. If the upgrade is $300 per person well, there you go. For me it never pencils especially since my TA covers the gratuities. X is throwing extra perks at CC because most people have figured out that it's smoke and mirrors. You do get extra points towards your status if that matters to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Was on the 1/24 Reflection sailing in a C2 aft (port side, not aft-facing) cabin. I didn't see any value to the "perks" and would go Aqua Class next time.

"Priority" check-in took longer than standard cabins in Miami because of the distribution of agents, and beyond that there was little value to the welcome bottle of bubbly and daily canapes, especially with the premium bev package.

HTH