Independence of the Seas

I'll gladly take that over the bone chilling cold that we have been experiencing here. They just issued another extreme weather alert.

They are talking a blizzard here for Monday night and into Tuesday. We may get at least a foot of the "S" stuff here on the coast. And I'm sure the wind will knock out the power. I already feel trapped. I'd happily deal with the heat radiating off of those cobblestones in San Juan right now.

We were just on the Indy in December for the New Years Eve sailing and it was one of our favorite cruises! You'll have a great time! Do not miss Rock the Boat in the Pyramid Lounge if you like live rock & roll music!

I've heard they're fantastic! Wonder if they'll be onboard for the March 28 sailing - I'd love to check the show out!

I am most excited for the bioluminescent bay, that's the main reason why I booked this itinerary. Unfortunately I found out after I booked that you can't actually get in the water anymore, but it will still be cool. I will definitely have to take another trip when a ship docks during the day to see the forts. Maybe not in the heat of summer, though. 😜

The Bioluminescent Bay in SJ is definitely on my list of things to see... We'll visit there in March on the Indy but are only in port for half a day (7am-2pm). Someday!

Indy is doing 8/6 night cruises for awhile and then goes to 7/7 night cruises out of Florida and Navigator will take over Indy's 8/6 night itinerary. I don't remember the dates when the switch occurs. Indy is not scheduled to go back to the UK since arriving back in the US this past Fall.

We sail the Indy over NYE this year, beginning on December 28 for a 5 night cruise so she is also doing 5 nights I guess.

js

We were just on the Indy in December for the New Years Eve sailing and it was one of our favorite cruises! You'll have a great time! Do not miss Rock the Boat in the Pyramid Lounge if you like live rock & roll music!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were 10 family members ranging in ages from 7-68 on Disney Dream for NYE and had such a great cruise over NYE and getting out of cold NY, that we booked the Indy immediately when we returned home.

Cant wait!

js

I've heard they're fantastic! Wonder if they'll be onboard for the March 28 sailing - I'd love to check the show out!

I don't think they will be. According to their web site, they'll be disembarking Independence of the Seas on February 22.

Then, on their FB page, they reported they'll be on Anthem of the Seas starting in April.

Not too many people have anything to say, so THANKS to you two for giving me a bit of info. MUCH appreciated!:D

We were just on Indy B2B last month!

Ships are quite similar, but staff is excellent on indy.

Raj the concierge in the suite lounge is very good, but gustavo in the diamond lounge is excellent, (bring him butter cookies), when you meet him, you'll know why I said that.

See Janet at boleros

Sent from my Z30 using Forums mobile app

Yep. You'll have to switch to the Navigator for the 8 day starting fall of 2015.

Yes, Navigator will be taking over Indy's 6 and 8 day itinerary rotation come the fall 2015. That will give us an opportunity to again sail on Navigator -- she was the first cruise we ever went on back in 2004. Now we will get to see her after her dry dock and overhaul. It is like an entirely different ship.

• 3 weeks later...
There will be some minor cosmetic differences. The shows will be different and the Indy does not have the Freestyle machines.

What do they have if there is no coke freestyle machines. I have only sailed on the Freedom in the past. We are getting the royal replenish drink package. What is the soda options?:confused:

What do they have if there is no coke freestyle machines. I have only sailed on the Freedom in the past. We are getting the royal replenish drink package. What is the soda options?:confused:

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

Yes, Navigator will be taking over Indy's 6 and 8 day itinerary rotation come the fall 2015. That will give us an opportunity to again sail on Navigator -- she was the first cruise we ever went on back in 2004. Now we will get to see her after her dry dock and overhaul. It is like an entirely different ship.

It might be back to Navigator for us too. I really like 8 night itineraries. Now that the ship has a flow rider I don't think I will really make much difference to me whether I am on a Freedom or Voyager class ship.

It might be back to Navigator for us too. I really like 8 night itineraries. Now that the ship has a flow rider I don't think I will really make much difference to me whether I am on a Freedom or Voyager class ship.

Our goal for today, is to book our November 2015 cruise on Navigator some time this afternoon after we board Indy. The newest promo is out as of this morning....and can't really figure it out. Last night, we did a courtesy hold on a cabin (knowing it would hold for 24 hours, until we got on board). Now when we talk with the LA, we will figure out what to do.

Our goal for today, is to book our November 2015 cruise on Navigator some time this afternoon after we board Indy. The newest promo is out as of this morning....and can't really figure it out. Last night, we did a courtesy hold on a cabin (knowing it would hold for 24 hours, until we got on board). Now when we talk with the LA, we will figure out what to do.

Have a great week! Fourteen more days for us.:).... and one blizzard moving in tonight....:eek:

Edited by Ocean Boy

• 2 weeks later...
Have a great week! Fourteen more days for us.:).... and one blizzard moving in tonight....:eek:

We had a terrific week...what surprised me was that there did not seem to be as many children on board as I have experienced on other cruises. It had lots of Canadians along with variety mix from other countries and then a lot of Americans. It appeared to me to have a much more middle aged mix of people, with quite a bit of older couples without children.

I don't believe that because it was an 8 night itinerary, it is more attractive to older people travelling w/o children or who do not work any longer. It requires the same days off from work or school that a 7 day cruise would require. Many school districts may even have had that week off from school, because it included President's Day.

Lots to do, even though the weather wasn't as tropical as many would have liked. It was cloudy and windy the day we should have been able to enjoy Labadee and it actually rained for awhile. Even on our port days in St. Kitts and St. Maarten, it had periods of rain -- some incredibly fierce downpours. Weather isn't something anyone can control but we still got in some sun....in San Juan it was incredibly hot and sunny. The first two sea days, were the best for getting sun.....and dealing with chair hogs was always a challenge. At times the pool staff would just pick up towels from chairs left unoccupied.

I found some of the cruisers rude about their behavior....even if their behavior was in violation of the posted regulation against reserving pool chairs. Nothing gets in the way of me having a good cruise.

The entertainment staff was working hard to help everyone have a great time.

I am curious who the CD and Activity Manager is this week. Gordon Travis was the CD and Amy Tripp was the AM last week, but that has probably changed now. She was terrific, and he was very good at the things that he hosted.

We had a terrific week...what surprised me was that there did not seem to be as many children on board as I have experienced on other cruises. It had lots of Canadians along with variety mix from other countries and then a lot of Americans. It appeared to me to have a much more middle aged mix of people, with quite a bit of older couples without children.

I don't believe that because it was an 8 night itinerary, it is more attractive to older people travelling w/o children or who do not work any longer. It requires the same days off from work or school that a 7 day cruise would require. Many school districts may even have had that week off from school, because it included President's Day.

Lots to do, even though the weather wasn't as tropical as many would have liked. It was cloudy and windy the day we should have been able to enjoy Labadee and it actually rained for awhile. Even on our port days in St. Kitts and St. Maarten, it had periods of rain -- some incredibly fierce downpours. Weather isn't something anyone can control but we still got in some sun....in San Juan it was incredibly hot and sunny. The first two sea days, were the best for getting sun.....and dealing with chair hogs was always a challenge. At times the pool staff would just pick up towels from chairs left unoccupied.

I found some of the cruisers rude about their behavior....even if their behavior was in violation of the posted regulation against reserving pool chairs. Nothing gets in the way of me having a good cruise.

The entertainment staff was working hard to help everyone have a great time.

I am curious who the CD and Activity Manager is this week. Gordon Travis was the CD and Amy Tripp was the AM last week, but that has probably changed now. She was terrific, and he was very good at the things that he hosted.

It is a unfortunate about the weather. Long periods of rain in the Caribbean are usually rather rare. It usually moves in for a few minutes and then blows out. We sail this Saturday. I'm hoping things settle down a bit. I know someone who was on Freedom this past week and they had some pretty rough seas in the Western Caribbean.