3x specialty package Eclipse 14n

plucasana

Hi all,

is there any way to predict, which of the three specialty restaurants will be

chosen for our selected first date?

(we are doing a 14n iceland cruise on the eclipse in june

and booked the 3 night dining package, where we were only able

to choose the first dinner TIME not the restaurant??)

Most may think it does not matter, but I somehow like to plan everything ahead (double the fun), so maybe some of you have experience in that matter?

TIA !

Sandra

Hi all,

is there any way to predict, which of the three specialty restaurants will be

chosen for our selected first date?

(we are doing a 14n iceland cruise on the eclipse in june

and booked the 3 night dining package, where we were only able

to choose the first dinner TIME not the restaurant??)

Most may think it does not matter, but I somehow like to plan everything ahead (double the fun), so maybe some of you have experience in that matter?

TIA !

Sandra

The information is readily available on the celebrity website. Here is a link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-specialty-dining-packages#top

It's been my experience, that the first reservation is the only reservation you can make in advance. The restaurant is typically the Tuscan Grille on the first or second night of the cruise that is booked. Once on board other reservations can be booked through the maître d' of the specialty restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

When I called she sad I couldn't pick the first restaurant, but that more than likely it would be Tuscan Grille. Which is what I wanted so no objection from me.

While I won't argue or disagree with what you were told on the phone, I don't believe that's accurate. And unfortunately, it's not uncommon to get in accurate information from customer service reps.

Edited by vulcan1971

While I won't argue or disagree with what you were told on the phone, I don't believe that's accurate. And unfortunately, it's not uncommon to get in accurate information from customer service reps.

Who knows, but I did purchase the 3 dinner package and have a reservation for the first dinner, just don't know where it is yet.

Who knows, but I did purchase the 3 dinner package and have a reservation for the first dinner, just don't know where it is yet.

I've done dining packages on two or three cruises now and where there is a Tuscan Grille on the ship that I cruised, that has been the restaurant routinely chosen for the first dinner.

We booked the 3 night package on Eclipse on our cruise in October. On line only able to book time but no restaurant. When I came on board we went to the speciality dining table. I believe we went to Qsine as it was the first we came to but it doesn't matter which one you go to. I thought we would sort out the remaining 2 nights but we sorted all 3. The time on booking is just to allow the system to recognise it. We could chose any days and times we wanted and in any order of restaurant. So it was great.

I have to say sitting in the window of Tuscan as we sailed out of port was absolutely magical. Even DH who never comments on anything was waxing lyrical about it.

Hope this is helpful.

plucasana,

We booked the 3 Dinner package and had a reservation for the first night. We went to the restaurants and found someone at Murano. Actually we were free to choose our first restaurant but opted for Tuscan Grille anyway.

steamboats

did you ever manage to change the reservation of the first (second) night to a later date in the cruise?

We booked the pkg immediately upon boarding the Silhouette and were told we could make the first reservation for any night we wanted. Don't know if we could have switched if we'd bought the pkg before sailing.

Before sailing, when I called to inquire about the package, I was told by Celebrity's cruise enhancements desk that the first dinner is always in Tuscan.