How far out to you have to book for early saver

jtwanabe

for 5 night or less cruises, within 3 months. for 6 day or longer cruises, within 5 months. may be closed early for either - and in some rare cases, extended.

I second this.

It's reliant on the occupancy of the ship for a specific sailing too.

They will close it early if the ship bookings are high enough and they expect to pick up enough to sell out or extend it if bookings are low.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So If I want to ES book for May 31st I'm too late?

for a 6 day or longer cruise, probably - by those standard cutoff dates. for a 5 day or less cruise, no. but as i stated they are variable - can end early or be extended based on the sailing?

why don't you go for the definitive answer and try a mock booking on the ship you're looking for or call, and see if it's available?

So If I want to ES book for May 31st I'm too late?

Look at the cruises/dates you're interested in and see if ES is being offered. As stated above, usually expires some 3 months out for shorter cruises and some 5 months out for longer cruises.

ken

Thanks guy & gals. I think I'm going to have to call Carnival. If they count by

the month I'm okay if they count by the day I'm not. Technically speaking.

Thanks,

Rustin

they would count by month and day. in other words, 5 or 3 months from 1/25. in other words, 6/25 or 4/25 (roughly speaking, and with the caveat that those are not firm deadline dates and variable).

go ahead and call, or i'm sure if you post what ship and date you're looking for, someone here will confirm via the web site if you're not able to for whatever reason.

The Ship is Magic going out May 31st. Two interior rooms. :)

Thanks

JT

ooooh you're in luck - it DOES have 'early saver last call' - BUT it expires 1/25/15 - so, tonight. it does also qualify for 50% deposit. terms are:

50% per person non-refundable reduced deposit

Price Protection

Choose your stateroom location

Free Upgrades

Offer expires January 25, 2015 EST

prices are average 579 per person, so total for 2 x 2 staterooms (4 people) is 1,341.40 per stateroom x 2 = 2,682.80 including all taxes / fees.

this would be one of those sailings where the hard deadline is extended as noted earlier via the early saver last call. whether or not it truly WILL expire today - or be extended tomorrow, i don't know.

if you're happy with it though, it'd go ahead and book. if price drops tomorrow, you can get price protection. if you don't book today, and price rises tomorrow - you SOL because you'll have missed the last call lol. good luck :)