Now I'm worried-Carnival FlyAweigh

oceanmom62

• 3 months later...
They fly you in the same day. Everything will work out just fine. I feel better now after having heard some positive things about FlyAweigh. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all the help.

Curious how the Fly Aweigh went for you :)

Also, does the Fly Aweigh program include the transfer charge from airport to cruise and cruise to airport?

Thanks!

Curious how the Fly Aweigh went for you :)

Also, does the Fly Aweigh program include the transfer charge from airport to cruise and cruise to airport?

Thanks!

We are using FlyAweigh and no, we had to purchase transfers separately. Another (possibly depending on your viewpoint) disadvantage is we were required to pay for FlyAweigh, in full, on the spot. It wasn't an issue for us because just by chance we caught the zero deposit promo.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that it took so long for me to get back to everyone. Fly Aweigh went quite well. It does NOT include the transfer from the airport to the port. They will offer you that option when you purchase the Fly Aweigh. We did the transfer and that was the only part that I did not like. The flights went well and we flew on American. We actually got into Miami about 15 minutes early. There were plenty of signs and people guiding us to the Carnival check-in site. We quickly checked in and then waited for what felt like forever! We could have grabbed a cab and gotten there much faster. As it was, our bus was the last bunch of passengers aboard. When they said shuttle I was thinking a van-like mode of transportation and when there were enough people they would leave for the ship. Nope, it was a bus and they filled THAT before they left. Crowded and none of the passengers seemed to be moving quickly. Were they aware that a lovely cruise ship awaited all of us and the faster you move the faster we get there and can enjoy our vacation (and a cocktail)? I would do Fly Aweigh again if airfare were at crazy prices but I wouldn't do the transfer again. We tried to cancel for the way home but Guest Services reminded me that it was nonrefundable. They did tell me that when I purchased the transfer but over time I forgot that. Live and learn!

The one good thing about buying the Carnival transfer is that it could save you money in the long run. When you use the Flyweight, you do not know ahead of time, which airport you are arriving into or flying out from.

I recently booked friends cruising from Miami. We did not know the flight info at the time. They paid for pre and post transfers at the price for MIA to POM.

As it turned out, once they got their flight info, they were lucky they had prepurchased the transfers. The return flight was out of FLL. It would have cost them twice the price to get to FLL. As it was, whatever price they paid for the transfer, it was good for transfer from POM to FLL.

• 5 months later...
We'll be using it for the first time on our trip in Oct. does the FlyAweigh allow for a checked bag or is that on us?

Curious how the flyaweigh worked out? Do you recall when the flights were added to your reservation? We are 69 days to cruise and flight info was there and now it's gone?!?!

Our cruise leaves on Easter and obviously airfare is crazy $$$. Carnival's price was actually cheaper than what I could find-unless I wanted to fly Spirit Air! I have read in the past about problems with FlyAweigh. Has anyone used it lately? What was your experience? Thanks for all your help.

We're using FlyAweigh for our upcoming cruise. The airfare is half of what we could have gotten on our own, and we got a good itinerary.

I'm going to answer several posters' questions here. No, you do not have to book FlyAweigh when you book your cruise. We used it because I waited too long to book flights myself and fares were too high and flight times were lousy. We booked it app. 2 months before our cruise. They told us flight costs but we did not know any information about flight times or airline. That will come when they post your flights. I think we had our flights post within about 2 weeks of booking. I don't think they post the flights much before 30-45 days before the cruise. We were so close to our cruise that we lucked out finding out the info so close to booking. Do make sure that once the info is posted that you go to the airline site and confirm your booking and your seats. We flew American and they had all 3 of us seated separately. Also on the flight home someone was denied boarding because she had not confirmed with the airline. All in all I was very pleased with the whole thing. Flight times were better than I could find on my own and cheaper than I could find. I do suggest that you research flights before you call so that you have something to compare their rates to.

Edited by oceanmom62

Do you have to book the Fly Aweigh at the time of the cruise purchase? Do you know how much it is going to be before you purchase? Do you know what the flight times, airlines etc are before you book?

We booked FlyAweigh after we booked the cruise. Hubby planned on using frequent flyer points, but he didn't have enough.

Just wondering , if I book a flight with carnivals program with an airline card that I have . Does my perks (free checked luggage) still work even though I booked through carnival ? I mean wouldn't hurt to just call and ask but has anyone done this ?

Edited by kmarie10531

Just wondering , if I book a flight with carnivals program with an airline card that I have . Does my perks (free checked luggage) still work even though I booked through carnival ? I mean wouldn't hurt to just call and ask but has anyone done this ?

I would think they do, I was able to get my bags free with my USAir MasterCard even though I booked everything through AAA.

For HAL, RCCL and Princess ships sailing out of Ft Lauderdale - it is not uncommon for ships to wait on passengers who've booked air through them and whose flights are running late. Nobody already aboard seems to mind as long as they can get their own cabin and a good rum drink :D:D:D

I have thought about it in past but the fine print also says that if you miss boat they will get you to first available port. Not very comforting when first port is half moon cay and then a sea day. If I'm going to fly in morning of, I rather have really early flight to bud in time. Seems fly aweigh just cuts it too close for me.

Just a question. is the Flyaweigh a different program than the new air program for Carnival? I found the flights I wanted and called carnival for pricing. But I don't have to wait to find out where and when I fly, I already know? I booked my flights for Europe August 2016 for 800 less than on Delta directly. I already got my flights and I already went back onto Delta and entered my confirmation number and picked my seats.

Kathy