Getaway Deck Plans wrong?? Bed Placement?

cluv123

Has anyone noticed a discrepancy in the deck plans for the Getaway? In particular to the bed placement in the cabins.

Looking at the "bump out" on rooms to try to book a room with the bed near the balcony and it seems from photos posted online that that theory doesn't hold true. If I am correct...the bed should be located in the area where there is a bump out or more floor space in the room, correct?

In particular I booked a category MA 11786 and it shows the bed bump out location to be near the balcony door. Talked to NCL and they stated that ALL category MA rooms have the bed next to the bathroom.

UGH....my extreme planning mind is on overload. HELP!

Well that's not the first time NCL reps don't know.

Normally the photo layouts do hold true but there are exceptions and we have experienced one. The balcony cabin on Breakaway deck 12 aft just before the angled balcony was not depicted correctly, yet the angled balcony we had on the forward part of that bump-out was right.

You can ask about a specific cabin and see if anyone's been in that one to know for sure. But really, for the most part, the layouts with the wide space are where the bed is.

Edited by mizlorinj

When I booked my Getaway cabin I requested a bed by the balcony. I had a room picked out according to the layout on the website. My rep told me the room I had chosen would not have the bed by the balcony so he gave me a room that did. According to the layout, this room has the bed by the bathroom. I am trusting my rep who hasn't steered me wrong in 3 other cruises. I don't go til August, so I won't be able to let you know anytime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked cabin 9120 on the Getaway thinking it has the bed by the balcony (opposite to being close to the closet/bathroom). I have read mixed interpretations on how to read the cabin layout on the deck plans, and now I’m really confused.

I have searched the forum and nobody has ever written anything about this cabin.

Feedback, comments and if possible any picture is highly appreciated.

Getaway 9318 (and Breakaway 9318) are shown on NCL deck plans with the "bump" near the bathroom, yet as this video clearly shows, the bed is actually near the balcony.

In general the deck plans are probably accurate, but there ARE exceptions and in the absence of photographic or video evidence, it will be difficult to discover them. My guess is that NCL reps or PCCs will just be looking at the same deck plans customers can view, so you're probably better off searching (or asking) here or online for the straightest of poop.

Thanks sundercruiser! I've read threads complaining on the large balcony aft cabins (9318), but for the B6 large balcony cabins on deck 9 (forward) there are many mixed comments saying they are accurate and some saying thet are not...

If somebody else has some specific experience with these type of cabins any feedback is appreciated.

DO NOT go by the deck plans or NCL rep. The same thing happened to me. We were traveling with my 3 year old. We really wanted the couch by the balcony the NCL brochure and Rep confirmed it was that was, however it wasn't. The best news though>? Sean and his team moved us into a vacant Haven suite the last 3 days of the cruise and earned a customer for life!!!

I know the OP is going on the Getaway, but since this has evolved into a discussion of actual bed location vs deck plans, cabin 14858 on the BA has the bed next to the balcony. The deck plans show the bump out next to the closet (where you would assume the bed would be located).

FYI- great cabin!