Man swept away in Huahine

Minoushka

Love your pictures .I realise I need an underwater camera .What did you use ?

I drowned mine first time I used it a Fiji ..useless stupid thing that flew open ..end of camera

It is a Ricoh WG-20 with 5X optical zoom. Liked it a lot. A bit of a pain switching between picture and video; you have to go into a menu to change rather than a switch. I took it down around 10 feet deep multiple times with no problem. Also used it on land....we took it as the 2nd camera and it worked quite well. I notice there's a WG-30 model out now...not sure how it rates compared to the -20. We've also taken it out snowshoeing....no worries if it lands in the snow!

Edited by azevedan

Thank you to both fellow Canadians. I guess I will reconsider the helmet walk. Can not remember how expensive it was. We did an Atlantis submarine about 10 years ago and the sub chased the fish away. We were very disappointed even though it was a great experience for one who had never snorkeled. Probably the same happens with the helmet tour and that is why they give the warning.

If I am not mistaken, they feed the fish to make sure they are around for you to see them on your helmet walk.

I know for certain that they do this at the Great Barrier Reef while snorkeling.