Can someone help with what this means

alfie1963

We have a cruise package leaving in 5 weeks was going with british airways then this got changed to singapore airways pre booked our seats,then went back to check my seats and yet again they have been cancelled all paid for by the way,now after many phone calls I have received a new booking invoice but when I check on singapore airways and I try to see if I have the same seats it says unticketed and waitlisted anyone know what this means also don't know why this has happerned yet again.

We have a cruise package leaving in 5 weeks was going with british airways then this got changed to singapore airways pre booked our seats,then went back to check my seats and yet again they have been cancelled all paid for by the way,now after many phone calls I have received a new booking invoice but when I check on singapore airways and I try to see if I have the same seats it says unticketed and waitlisted anyone know what this means also don't know why this has happerned yet again.

It would appear that while you have paid the cruise line for your airline tickets, they have not yet paid the airline for them; hence, the "unticketed" notation. Others on this forum can likely tell you more though.

And what does your travel agent say? And what does Singapore say?

You have picked up the telephone and actually called those who are dealing with your trip, right?

Given the level of info from you, that's the best I can do - other than to echo Waterbug's thought that the tickets perhaps haven't been paid for/issued by your travel agent/cruiseline.

Remember, just because there is a locator or "seats" doesn't mean that you are ticketed. And until then, you have NO TICKET.

And what does your travel agent say? And what does Singapore say?

You have picked up the telephone and actually called those who are dealing with your trip, right?

Given the level of info from you, that's the best I can do - other than to echo Waterbug's thought that the tickets perhaps haven't been paid for/issued by your travel agent/cruiseline.

Remember, just because there is a locator or "seats" doesn't mean that you are ticketed. And until then, you have NO TICKET.

Singapore airlines can't deal with me as I booked through royal caribbean and they have just said they are dealing with it and I just asked why they got cancelled and was told it was by done by one of there agents by error so they are also dealing with that and are waiting for a new locater number so they can rebook my seats not sure where I stand as I had the 2 seats booked upstairs in economy and these have now gone.

Edited by alfie1963

Singapore airlines can't deal with me as I booked through royal caribbean and they have just said they are dealing with it and I just asked why they got cancelled and was told it was by done by one of there agents by error so they are also dealing with that and are waiting for a new locater number so they can rebook my seats not sure where I stand as I had the 2 seats booked upstairs in economy and these have now gone.

I'd file this one under "things that can go wrong when you don't book directly with the airline." The only other thing you can do at this point is sit and wait, and hope Royal gets it straightened out.

As a business traveler, I deal with this all the time.

I go to my corporate travel website, make all the arrangements and submit.

Within a minute I receive my itinerary along with flight locater numbers. However, when I then go to the airlines website,,,, nothing

Depending on day of week, domestic or international travel, it could be a couple of minutes to a day or so before the tickets are actually bought and paid for before I have access to the reservation.

This is what is going on with you.

You have a reservation/locater number but the tickets have not been actually bought and paid for.