3 people...pullout bed or sofa bed?

StacyB2011

Hi, I will be going on the Sunshine in the summer with 1 other adult and a big teen. Which would be better...an inside with a pullman or an oceanview with a sofa bed. I really dont care about having the view...just about which one if comfy for 3 people. I thought it would be the sofa bed but then I heard the sofa bed is smaller and not great for an adult. Thanks for an answers!

Hi, I will be going on the Sunshine in the summer with 1 other adult and a big teen. Which would be better...an inside with a pullman or an oceanview with a sofa bed. I really dont care about having the view...just about which one if comfy for 3 people. I thought it would be the sofa bed but then I heard the sofa bed is smaller and not great for an adult. Thanks for an answers!

We are going on the Sunshine as well this summer and in the same situation. We chose the sofa...I think it will be more comfortable and roomy.

you want to book a cabin with three beds-- do not book a cabin that only holds 2 people then you get a rollaway

the symbol on the deck plan will show you what cabin sleeps 3/4 people

sofa is a convertible bed-- the back comes off and its the bed. its the same size as a twin bed.

an upper bed-- my kids were over 6 feet tall and slept comfortable

Have not been on the Sunshine yet but if the rooms made for 3 are similar to what I have been on....then that's what you want. Just like OP said, the back comes off of the sofa. My son loved it. He had a set of drawers underneath which he called his "personal space" :).

If I have a room with a sofa I want it to be open for seating. The last time we had one with both and I my teen in the pullman. Last think I wanted was to not have anywhere to sit because when I got up for coffee when he was still in the bed.

Edited by ray98

Twin beds on the ship are 33"x78". Typical twin size is 36"-39" wide on land. Sofa beds are 32"x78", and upper bunks are 33"x78". So 1 inch less wide for the sofa, which makes the size of the beds a total non-factor.

If you want more space in the room, then go with the oceanview with the sofabed. Quite a bit more space! If you don't want an upper bunk hanging over your head, then go with the oceanview. But like serene said, make sure that you book a room that will put the 3rd person into the sofabed/upper bunk. Some rooms on this ship, because it was built before 2000, will instead put the 3rd person into a trundle or rollaway, which is a much less appealing option.

Edited by k2excursion

• 3 weeks later...