All-Inclusive Beverage Package: Live from the Ruby Princess

Cruiselover1951

I truly intended to keep this a daily log, but the slowness of the Ruby Internet finally got to me. Tried the day before for 60 minutes to get on the board, webpages expired, were never able to - can't even log into my own or work email. Writing this in front of clothing store in the duty free terminal having paid $3 for all day fast internet - go figure!! Using my iPad - not going To be able to write the report I want to -

But here is what I will do: I will keep my log current of tHe beverages consumed and post a per day summary once stationary with a workable I ternet. I did have a slow day Thursday, barely making the $50 - but today looks better!

So bear withy me - I have not forgotten my "obligation" and feel free to partition Princess to increase their broadband capacity as more and more people get wired with pictures and what not - because basically having no internet on board is ridiculous which the long lines every day in front of the Internet coffee attest to.

Cheers!!!

Appreciate the follow up.

I know the internet onboard can be hair pulling slow. :(

Enjoy your cruise.

Very informative and entertaining!

It's really easy to drink up to $50 onboard!

One bottle of water a day, two coffees, two glasses of wine and 2 cocktails... and or sodas...

Thanks for starting this thread! My husband and I are really considering the All Inclusive for our cruise to Alaska in June. If One bottle of water a day, two coffees, two glasses of wine and 2 cocktails... and or sodas... really equals $50 that would be easy for us both I think even on a busy port day. Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for starting this thread! My husband and I are really considering the All Inclusive for our cruise to Alaska in June. If One bottle of water a day, two coffees, two glasses of wine and 2 cocktails... and or sodas... really equals $50 that would be easy for us both I think even on a busy port day. Can't wait to hear more!

Yeah but for 2 it would be $112 per day. ;)

You have also let any of us on the fence on purchasing internet time know that that money is better spent on another glass of wine or two!! Thank you for even attempting to spend valuable vacation time updating this thread.

Heartily recommend the AIBP to anyone who enjoys a drink. We have tried it with various cruise lines - Costa at €21 per day is a steal.

Only issue with the Princess deal is they bring wine to the table by the glass. Celebrity allow you to choose a bottle in a certain price bracket and Costa also bring a bottle to the table.

For DW and I the fact that you have prepaid means there are no big surprises on the bill at the end of the cruise.

Four of us had the package in Japan on the Diamond and it was well worth it.

I truly intended to keep this a daily log, but the slowness of the Ruby Internet finally got to me. Tried the day before for 60 minutes to get on the board, webpages expired, were never able to - can't even log into my own or work email. Writing this in front of clothing store in the duty free terminal having paid $3 for all day fast internet - go figure!! Using my iPad - not going To be able to write the report I want to -

But here is what I will do: I will keep my log current of tHe beverages consumed and post a per day summary once stationary with a workable I ternet. I did have a slow day Thursday, barely making the $50 - but today looks better!

So bear withy me - I have not forgotten my "obligation" and feel free to partition Princess to increase their broadband capacity as more and more people get wired with pictures and what not - because basically having no internet on board is ridiculous which the long lines every day in front of the Internet coffee attest to.

Cheers!!!

Went looking for a lucky person on this cruise. Unless things have changed be prepared as you get down further in South America internet will get really bad. Slow might be your issue now later it may get real iffy if you get logged on or not as in no internet service. Been around SA on a cruise myself, it's a great cruise. So many people have their own web access on personal phones, tablets, computers. If more people would write off line like you are doing personal belief it would probably help. Haven't heard from my friend who is on this cruise also. So at least because of your wonderful posts I can check up on him kinda, sort of. Thanks for the posts!:)

I have heard there is now a Wine Card for Princess. 10 bottles for $210, plus $3 gratuity per bottle. Is this true???

Thanks

There is but not for that price. I believe that would be for the 5 or 7 bottles on the silver package...

Also, it's only offered on cruises longer than 7 days and it's not always offered.

Gratuity is always 15%.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Great post! I can't drink as much but usually get my monies worth, so....

I plan on purchasing the All-inclusive Drink Package on our 17 day Island Princess cruise next month. My DH is planning to "wing it" as he doesn't use bottled water, purchase fresh squeezed OJ and will be happy with regular coffee. My questions is how many days into the cruise do I have before I will not be allowed to purchase the package? I thought it was the 3rd day but want to be sure before I delay and are not able to get it. First day seems to be a waste as we don't depart Ft. Lauderdale until 4PM. I really don't worry about port days since we've been to them all and only have 2 afternoon excursions.

I plan on purchasing the All-inclusive Drink Package on our 17 day Island Princess cruise next month. My DH is planning to "wing it" as he doesn't use bottled water, purchase fresh squeezed OJ and will be happy with regular coffee. My questions is how many days into the cruise do I have before I will not be allowed to purchase the package? I thought it was the 3rd day but want to be sure before I delay and are not able to get it. First day seems to be a waste as we don't depart Ft. Lauderdale until 4PM. I really don't worry about port days since we've been to them all and only have 2 afternoon excursions.

You'll be charged for the entire cruise whether you buy it on the first or second day. Might as well purchase it when you board. The latest time you have to purchase it is the day after embarkation.

Cruiselover1951

Love this thread.

I'm not sure if you are an early riser, but we have found we have the best luck with the Internet on our IPads (in our cabin) early in the morning...6am or so. You might give it a try.

On our last cruise on the Sapphire, our cabin was on Lido forward. The best internet speed we've ever had. Someone told us it's because we were under the bridge and they need the Internet to be good. Don't know if this is true!

We were on a BTB last cruise and only purchased it for the first 10 days and not the last 3 as we were in port for those days and would not have got the value.

First day seems to be a waste as we don't depart Ft. Lauderdale until 4PM.

Besides the fact the cost is the same if you purchase it that day or the next, it is also good on disembarkation day up until the time you leave the ship.

I assume the 3 days was a separate cruise, but part of your B2B?

We paid and booked as 1 cruise but we were told we had to pay the 10day and 3 day separate for the beverage package so my husband chose to only get it for the 10 day only. Even though we booked as 1 cruise we got 2 credits so now we only have 1 cruise to get to Elite.

The OP started a very interesting thread. I like to have a few drinks, but no way would I come close to making the package worthwhile. On the other hand my husband always gets the soda(just soda) sticker and we figured out, to be ahead of Princess he needs to consume 3 sodas or more per day,which is easy if not too port intensive. Love hearing Live from... Yes, the ship internet is slow. I tried to do a live from on my last cruise and typed it in word first and then posted, but I to experienced too long of a wait to post, so I gave up after about day2-3.

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested in seeing how the OP all-inclusive beverage package balanced out over his 18 day Brazilian cruise. I hope Cruiselover1951 liver is still in good working order!! :p Looking forward in hearing his summary :)

I was interested in seeing how the OP all-inclusive beverage package balanced out over his 18 day Brazilian cruise. I hope Cruiselover1951 liver is still in good working order!! :p Looking forward in hearing his summary :)

I don't know, that cruise was over 5 days ago...don't think he made it...:eek:

Hubby and I just tried the AIP on the Star. It was awesome not having to worry so much over every drink decision. I felt so spoiled as I ordered bottled or sparkling water with meals, and fresh squeezed oj in mornings, neither of which we ever ordered previously. We had triple cappuccinos each morning, and a two or three cocktails plus wines with dinner. We added our totals up and figured out we saved over 90 bucks each, by using the package. We loved it! I hope the OP had a good experience too!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app