On the Eclipse right now

handy4u

A few post cruise thoughts:

I was very happy with the level of service we recieved on our cruise! The workers keep a clean ship and made my family and myself feel very welcome.

The food quality was very good to excellent. Please note we ate most meals in Blu. We also ate in Murano and Tuscan Grill. We ate some lunches in Oceanview Cafe. I'm not a picky eater but want my food prepared properly. (lol, food tastes are so subjective!)

We stayed in the same Celebrity Suite for the 3rd year in a row. That room has become our home away from home. The room has been very well maintained over the years.

Michael's Club is a welcome addition for me. We used the room as the starting hub for the evening. Met some good people in there as well. The service by Fabian and Rosie was excellent and friendly.

Bottom line is we will be sailing with Celebrity many more times in the future Lord willing.

• 2 weeks later...
Which Bar tenders are in the Martini Bar, we are on the ship at the end of March before it goes into dry dock, and we've sailed on Eclipse the past 2 years and had Putu and Edy as the Bartenders, just wondering if they're still there? Thanks

I just got off the Eclipse on March 1. Martini bartenders were Sascha and Edward. Both tried the flair bartender tricks but were not good at that as a rule. Neither had great people skills but did remember what you like to drink. It was funny to watch Edgar sniff each drink to determine if it was properly constructed.

How was the food and the entertainment? Was Perry Grant on the cruise? Also, how was the embarkation and debarkation? With the cuts in homeland security, were there any problems? Weather on the East coast was terrible yesterday. Lots of canceled planes. I hope that you weren't inconvenienced.

I just got off the Eclipse on March 1. Martini bartenders were Sascha and Edward. Both tried the flair bartender tricks but were not good at that as a rule. Neither had great people skills but did remember what you like to drink. It was funny to watch Edgar sniff each drink to determine if it was properly constructed.

Hope you all had a wonderful trip. Thanks for the info, we're due to go on Eclipse on 29 March (this wlll be our third trip onboard this ship), we will miss Edy & Putu.

Is Sue Denning the Cruise Director? and do you recall which day they held the CC Connections Meeting.

Thanks again

I just disembarked Sunday 1 March.

Connections Party was on the first sea day, at about 11 am.

Sue Denning is Cruise Director.

I disembarked with the walk-offs and we began leaving the ship at around 7:35. Guests who disembarked later reported delays, but being among the first off, I encountered none. I heard that it got backed up as the morning went along.

Future Cruise Sales moved temporarily to one of the Conference Rooms on Deck 14, and will move permanently once the dry dock is completed. Their former office is being used for storage of materials needed for the dry dock. Their new office will be alongside Quasar, in the room formerly sometimes used for private parties and meetings.

Cellar Masters was packed every night -- often standing room only. Get there early if you want to get a seat near the piano.

It will not be remodeled into a Gastrobar during the dry dock. No word what will happen to the non-functioning wine machines installed there.

No new suites will be added to deck 14. There had been some talk that part of the Sky Lounge would be given over to them, as on Reflection, but that has been scrubbed.

Luminae construction had not begun.

There were over 800 Elite/Elite+/Zeniths. There were over 2100 Captain's Club members in all. (That's really too many for one Captain's Club hostess to handle, in my opinion.) And Deborah is leaving on a well-deserved vacation. Elaine will take over as Captain's Club hostess this week.

Food in Oceanview was very good, except for the Mexican line, which was really awful. I can't believe that they can't find one chef with experience in making good Mexican food to overhaul those offerings.

Cruise next month has a Grenada stop. We have never been there and thought we might get off and walk around. Would appreciate your expansion re: "kinda nasty" as that sounds like a comment that we would pay particular attention to.

Thanks,

bill

On Equinox last year people at dinner insured us that "Dominica, is poor, dirty and kinda nasty too", but not one for being put off, hubby and myself ventured off to a lovely coffee shop, free Wi-fi, then a little bit of sightseeing, we found a lovely bar, the Dominican people couldn't do enough for us, cheap cheerful afternoon, any dollar spent will help the community, So looking forward to my new stops this time.....

On Equinox last year people at dinner insured us that "Dominica, is poor, dirty and kinda nasty too", but not one for being put off, hubby and myself ventured off to a lovely coffee shop, free Wi-fi, then a little bit of sightseeing, we found a lovely bar, the Dominican people couldn't do enough for us, cheap cheerful afternoon, any dollar spent will help the community, So looking forward to my new stops this time.....

We have always enjoyed most of the Islands including Dominica, funnily enough the one incident we have had was on one of our favourite Islands St Lucia. We took a wrong turn in the port and found ourself down a lane rather than the duty free shops, asked for money and a machete produced, we got out of there quickly, sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.