On the Eclipse right now

handy4u

Loving life and it's good to be alive! Eclipse is beautiful and had a great time watching the super bowl in the main theater. Service has been wonderful especially in MC. Will try and make some posts during this 2 weeks of hopeful bliss! Gotta get back to listening to Bear jam out on the guitar by the pool and finish my cool beverage!:D

Was too busy shoveling snow and missed the big game ? Don't want to get in trouble for using the copyright name

Was busy shoveling snow and loving it ❄️️ :D:rolleyes:

Do they offer squares?

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Just asked about Luminae as we will be fortunate enough to dine there and found there will be a dry dock April when it will be added. It'll be on floor 3 in MDR. We are in the Blu as I'm typing this. Nice!

As for the oj, it taste fine to me! They just brought my lump crab risotto which is d delicious!

Just asked about Luminae as we will be fortunate enough to dine there and found there will be a dry dock April when it will be added. It'll be on floor 3 in MDR. We are in the Blu as I'm typing this. Nice!

As for the oj, it taste fine to me! They just brought my lump crab risotto which is d delicious!

Yes, we just got off on Sunday. Great as usual. Embarkation night was a bit hectic(which I usually expect)Food was overall very good to excellent. Didn't care for Talapia(just never liked it)So I ordered the Salmon from the "favorites list. Frequently got my Ceasar salad with added Anchovies(love em' or hate em',I guess!)Food portions were a little smaller(which is fine)staff was way willing to bring extra(as if we need it!!)You should have a blast. Do ask for discounts in specialty restaurants!

Luminae is the new section to be "walled" off in the MDR for suite pax I guess?

Food so far has been very good. Had halibut in a squid ink sauce last night in Blu which was wonderful! The best desert so far, imho, was the pecan pie in Bacio. Fabio and Rosie are both great in MC. Our butler Ricky has been great too. All in all we getting good service with smiles. Our 5 yr old son is having a great in the fun factory.

Tonight is formal night 2 and are enjoying a leisure day at sea. Can't wait to hear what Bear Stevens will play tonight in the Ensemble Lounge! It's good to be alive!

We were on the Jan. 4-18th 2015 cruise in AquaClass and considered it one of the best cruises we have taken. Hope you have the same experience. We thought our BLU experience on this ship was outstanding. Happy Cruising!

Yes, we just got off on Sunday. Great as usual. Embarkation night was a bit hectic(which I usually expect)Food was overall very good to excellent. Didn't care for Talapia(just never liked it)So I ordered the Salmon from the "favorites list. Frequently got my Ceasar salad with added Anchovies(love em' or hate em',I guess!)Food portions were a little smaller(which is fine)staff was way willing to bring extra(as if we need it!!)You should have a blast. Do ask for discounts in specialty restaurants!

Would you mind (or somebody!) explain what you mean by 'ask for discounts' in specialty restaurants? We are taking our first trip on Celebrity 2/28 Reflection sailing and I'm not sure of the procedure with the specialty restaurants. Thanks!

Would you mind (or somebody!) explain what you mean by 'ask for discounts' in specialty restaurants? We are taking our first trip on Celebrity 2/28 Reflection sailing and I'm not sure of the procedure with the specialty restaurants. Thanks!

We are on the cruise before you and I suspect that the availability in the speciality restaurants may not be great as they have started building the new suite restaurant on deck 3 which is restricting space in the MDR. I have heard that suite guests are being offered free speciality bookings until the is done but haven't heard anything directly. We are in an AS and it may not make any difference for us as we are assigned to Blu.

What I do know is that they have blanked out all of the times for internet bookings pre cruise for all of the specialities. The Eclipse, which we are on from 1 March, isn't starting this until it goes into dry dock so they have full availability for online booking.

We will have to wait and see exactly what the position is on ship. I will be trying to get my speciality booking done as soon as I board.

Gordon

Loving life and it's good to be alive! Eclipse is beautiful and had a great time watching the super bowl in the main theater. Service has been wonderful especially in MC. Will try and make some posts during this 2 weeks of hopeful bliss! Gotta get back to listening to Bear jam out on the guitar by the pool and finish my cool beverage!:D

Good to here, looking forward to our sailing on her.

it's very simple....casually offer them something like "we'd book a table for 2 if it was $30 a person." and stop talking (this is the biggest mistake people make when negotiating...they keep talking)...wait for the celebrity person to say...I can't do it (or equivalent) or to say I could discount it by $10 a person...or they might say OK. Just ask nicely....and accept the response. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....and sometimes it works with one person selling seats but not with another. Just keep randomly making offers with a smile...

Note: We haven't paid full price for a specialty meal in seven cruises and we never buy packages. On our fall 2014 TA, the specialty restaurants were apparently very eager to get people so we were offered 50% off "tonight". I asked if I could get the same deal on some other night and they said "sure".

Edited by ghstudio

Just got done listening to Bear Stevens play a set tonight in Ensemble Lounge. The young man is very good! Make sure you ask him to play some of his original songs you will be happy you did!

Had lobster ravioli tonight. Very good. Desserts are the only thing that's been kinda average. So we go for the ice cream which never disappoints!

BTW for you Perry Grant fans I found out he'll be back February 15.

Tired now got get up for Grenada tour tomorrow.

In Grenada right now. 78 and partially cloudy. Sitting on our balcony as the downtown area for walking is kinda nasty. Have a glass bottom boat ride scheduled for 1:30. Should be fun for our 5 yr old son!

Prayers for an elderly gentleman who had to be taken off the ship via ambulance just a few minutes ago.

In Grenada right now. 78 and partially cloudy. Sitting on our balcony as the downtown area for walking is kinda nasty. Have a glass bottom boat ride scheduled for 1:30. Should be fun for our 5 yr old son!

Prayers for an elderly gentleman who had to be taken off the ship via ambulance just a few minutes ago.

I'm curious how you were able to eat in Blu with three of you...have they changed the rules to how many can be in an Aqua cabin? Thanks!

Food so far has been very good. Had halibut in a squid ink sauce last night in Blu which was wonderful! The best desert so far, imho, was the pecan pie in Bacio. Fabio and Rosie are both great in MC. Our butler Ricky has been great too. All in all we getting good service with smiles. Our 5 yr old son is having a great in the fun factory.

We were just on the Jan 18 - Feb 1 Eclipse sailing, and we too had Ricky as our butler. We agree, he was great. If you have a chance, please tell him hello from Paul and Robyn. Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. It was our first, and we loved it.

Which Bar tenders are in the Martini Bar, we are on the ship at the end of March before it goes into dry dock, and we've sailed on Eclipse the past 2 years and had Putu and Edy as the Bartenders, just wondering if they're still there? Thanks

In January, we had Sasha and Edgar. Plus a couple of others. Many bartenders named Putu. I believe it is a name that is often used. Do not recall any Edy.