Singapore - hanging around with luggage

DISNEY GIRL

Just throwing something else in there. There is a left baggage depot at Marina Bay Cruise Terminal. http://mbccs.com.sg/inside-mbccs/left-baggage. Rates are $9 for first 2 bags; $7.50 for subsequent bags for 8 hour period. No need to be watching the clock like you would if you left your bags at the airport (hourly rate).

But if you click the links for terms and conditions ...it lists the rate as per 24 hours. The airport rates are also per 24 hours as well and cheaper, but not if you take a taxi to the airport to drop off the luggage first.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from my cruise.

Left the luggage in the 2º floor Harbourfront in "left luggage", was very easy, paid 40 Singapur$ from 8 am till 6 pm.

Taxi from Harbourfront to the airport was only 25 Singapur $, but depends the traffic is about 30.

Both the airport and the Cruise terminal have luggage storage. Most hotels in Singapore do not allow check in until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. But if you are booked you can leave luggage and tour around.

A lot here depends upon your budget, you can spend $200 to $400 dollars plus for a luxury hotel. Or you can go to Chinatown, and get a room for well under $100 dollars per day.

I have business interest in Singapore so I travel to the city at least four times a year plus cruises and the F1 race. Singapore is really two cities, the business/tourist city $$$$ and the locals working peoples city $$.

My last cruise in Singapore 3 people, we got off the ship at 8:35 cleared passports and took taxi to Park 22 Hotel Chinatown 9:00, went shopping had lunch, back to hotel, and then taxi airport. The total Singapore cost about $150.00 (with $50 shopping). Or you can spend the day at the Sands (great place) and it will be $1000 total.

Also do not rule out the airport it is wonderful, gardens, movie theater, shopping, free internet. Not a bad place to spend a few hours.