Singapore - hanging around with luggage

DISNEY GIRL

We have just returned from a Sapphire Princess cruise from Singapore.

Our Qantas flight to Sydney departed at 8pm.

We chose the "independant" disembarkation from the ship, which was 9.30am.

Taxi to the airport from MBCC took only 30 minutes.

Check with your airline, we were able to check in with Qantas from 10am, others who were flying Emirates/ Ethihad were 2pm.

We checked in luggage then took hand luggage upstairs to the Left Luggage area. $3.80 per piece, depending on weight, larger suit case more.

We then caught a taxi to the Changi Museum which is close by, $10 taxi fare.

Returned to the airport around 2pm and collected carry on luggage. Had a light lunch a were going to use the swimming pool and showers but found a nice sleep lounger in a quiet area so napped till just before our flight!!

You can also leave your luggage at the MBCC terminal at left luggage, a good option if you plan to see a bit more of down town Singapore, needs to be collected before the next cruise departs but as the Changi Museum was nearer to the airport, the airport left luggage was easier for us.

Lots of options, all easy in Singapore which is a tourist's heaven:)

Chez

xx

cheznandy,

What a great idea! We arrive in Singapore on the Wednesday and fly to Melbourne on the Friday evening. We will spend Wednesday and Thursday exploring around the city and now think we will check out of our hotel on Friday morning, go to the airport and check our luggage in and then like you, take a taxi to the Changi Museum and then back to the airport for a late lunch and check in.

How did you organise your return trip to the airport from the Changi Museum? Did you book a taxi to pick you up or were you able to that once your visit to the museum had finished.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

cheznandy,

What a great idea! We arrive in Singapore on the Wednesday and fly to Melbourne on the Friday evening. We will spend Wednesday and Thursday exploring around the city and now think we will check out of our hotel on Friday morning, go to the airport and check our luggage in and then like you, take a taxi to the Changi Museum and then back to the airport for a late lunch and check in.

How did you organise your return trip to the airport from the Changi Museum? Did you book a taxi to pick you up or were you able to that once your visit to the museum had finished.

Leigh

Leigh, the museum will call a taxi for you. They will give you a slip of paper with the number of the taxi and arrival time. Just wait out front.

Ours said 5 minutes and it was there sooner!! Too easy!

Take the head phones set for the tour, entry and headphones $8 Singapore.

There is a cafe/restaurant attached, looked like nice food, lots of locals there. We just had coffee and ate at the airport. We spent about 2 hours inside the museum. It is small but very moving and informative.

Chez

xx

We put our bags in the left luggage in the cruise port for a small charge. We used the hop on hop off bus, and caught it back to the port as well after a full day of sightseeing. We had a late flight, and booked a taxi from the cruise port, I think the lady at the information desk did this for us.

We put our bags in the left luggage in the cruise port for a small charge. We used the hop on hop off bus, and caught it back to the port as well after a full day of sightseeing. We had a late flight, and booked a taxi from the cruise port, I think the lady at the information desk did this for us.

Was this at the Marina Bay Cruise Centre?

Anyway, I found the link to the left baggage service at the MBCC:

http://mbccs.com.sg/inside-mbccs/left-baggage

Leigh, the museum will call a taxi for you. They will give you a slip of paper with the number of the taxi and arrival time. Just wait out front.

Ours said 5 minutes and it was there sooner!! Too easy!

Take the head phones set for the tour, entry and headphones $8 Singapore.

There is a cafe/restaurant attached, looked like nice food, lots of locals there. We just had coffee and ate at the airport. We spent about 2 hours inside the museum. It is small but very moving and informative.

Chez

xx

Yes, booking taxis is not difficult, however, be aware during peak hours (i.e. morning rush hours and evening rush hours), it is usually more challenging to get a taxi, especially when it is raining.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Yes we were on the celebrity millennium last April. We thought about left luggage in the airport, but this seemed closer to town, so saved some travelling time. We were docked overnight, then had a late flight, so we bought the hop on tickets and used them both days. Went all over. Recommend Clarke quay at night and river cruise from there to the light show. There was another post on here recently with a video of the view from one of the hotel restaurants. Maybe check this out, this is on my list for next time.

That would work.

Wondering how much the ship charges you for the transfer to the airport? It may be less expensive if you take a cab from the terminal. Cabs in Singapore are reliable and metered.

My holiday is a tailor made one, so all transfers and hotels etc have been included in the price I have paid. However, if my transfer doesn't turn up at least I know cabs are cheap. Thanks for the info!

My holiday is a tailor made one, so all transfers and hotels etc have been included in the price I have paid. However, if my transfer doesn't turn up at least I know cabs are cheap. Thanks for the info!

That's great! Yes, the cabs will be there. They know when there is a ship in port. Have a good time in Singapore!

We just had coffee and ate at the airport. We spent about 2 hours inside the museum. It is small but very moving and informative.

Chez

xx

The irony is that I have not been to the Changi Museum! I should! In fact, it is free admission for all.

How did you find the food options at Changi Airport?

On a recent flight to Europe, we flew from Terminal 1 Changi (on Emirates) and had dinner at the Peach Garden Noodle House, which is after immigration. The food was pretty good. Some coverage of the food we had and other food options in the first part of this video.

[YOUTUBE]-nXZM64tHXc[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

We will be arriving in Singapore at 5:30 am and we want to be at the cruise terminal to board our ship between 1 and 2:00 pm. We thought about taking a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal, leaving our luggage and then taking the hop on hop off bus. How far from the port is the bus?

Which company did you use? There seems to be several hop on hop off bus companies.

We used hop on hop off .bus. Com. 3 routes. City sightseeing on the side.

The buses were at the port and we bought a 2 day pass. Sun tech city is where you are taken to pick up the main routes. You could get a taxi if the buses aren't there , as it isn't very far. The port doesn't seem to be a scheduled stop, probably just making the most of a lot of potential customers. Great way to see the city.

That email address goes to a general bus travel info site. Could you please confirm the website. Thanks

hi there,

I was on my mobile, so couldnt copy the link easily.. here it is (we did the green bus not the funvee - not sure of the difference)

http://www.hop-on-hop-off-bus.com/singapore-bus-tours

Edited by sandy999

• 2 months later...

Can someone please give me advice? I will arrive 25th June this year at Marina Bay Cruise :)terminal on Legend of Seas. Flight is Etihad to Melbourne 10.40pm. Would like to visit China Town and Gardens by Bay. What is best option where leave luggage, get to both these places plus Airport and shower? Look forward to any suggestions and we are both, my sister and I, early 60s. Wendy

Can someone please give me advice? I will arrive 25th June this year at Marina Bay Cruise :)terminal on Legend of Seas. Flight is Etihad to Melbourne 10.40pm. Would like to visit China Town and Gardens by Bay. What is best option where leave luggage, get to both these places plus Airport and shower? Look forward to any suggestions and we are both, my sister and I, early 60s. Wendy

There are 3 airport transit hotels at each terminals. Copy and paste the below link to browser.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgences/rest-areas

Please note there is min. 6 hr. These hotels are after you have check-in and gone into through the custom. So you have to bring your fresh clothes with you if you have checked in your main bags.

As for leaving the luggage, cruise terminal has a counter. See link below.

http://mbccs.com.sg/inside-mbccs/left-baggage.

Another way is to use the Crowne plaza hotel which is next to Terminal 3. This is outside the customs. You can ask for the day rate (1/2 day). However it is expensive as it has all the 5 stars hotel amenities. Link is below.

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/singapore/sincp/hoteldetail

Then from this spot you can take a taxi or subway train back to the city to do your sightseeing.

• 8 months later...
Our cruise docks in Singapore at 7am, but our flight home is not until 11pm. Although our cruise offers tours which terminate at the airport, this would get us to the airport at 3pm which is way too early.

Can someone recommend a hotel which offers a Day Room, so we can store our bags, view the city and shower ready for our trip home?

Many thanks

same happens to us next week.

You can leave the luggage in the Harbourfront where the ship is. In both levels you get the service to keep your luggage there for not much money.

If your ship is in Marina Bay, you get the same service there.

Can anyone advice if it's feasible to get a 9:20 a.m. flight when our ship (NCL Star) is supposed to dock in Singapore at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 11th?

I would be too nervious, because you have to pass customs in Singapur again. Find a taxi, ride to the airport, and be there at least 2-3h before the flight leaves.

Can anyone advice if it's feasible to get a 9:20 a.m. flight when our ship (NCL Star) is supposed to dock in Singapore at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 11th?

Not advisable. You need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight. Also taking into consideration whether the ship will dock on time, disembarkation, immigration, waiting for Taxi, Singapore traffic etc.

If I may suggest, go book a Hotel room for the night (Airport Hotel) and take the next day 9.20am flight.

Not advisable. You need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight. Also taking into consideration whether the ship will dock on time, disembarkation, immigration, waiting for Taxi, Singapore traffic etc.

If I may suggest, go book a Hotel room for the night (Airport Hotel) and take the next day 9.20am flight.

Mellis and you =

Thank you for your good advice. Will get a later flight or the next day.

Wendy

Just throwing something else in there. There is a left baggage depot at Marina Bay Cruise Terminal. http://mbccs.com.sg/inside-mbccs/left-baggage. Rates are $9 for first 2 bags; $7.50 for subsequent bags for 8 hour period. No need to be watching the clock like you would if you left your bags at the airport (hourly rate).