Always been RC - which line to choose next?

Stranworst

Only started cruising two years ago. Have went with Royal Caribbean both times - western med on Liberty, then another western med on the Oasis last September.

Loved both times but think we want a bit of a change for this year.

I was wondering what recommendations you people would have for this year? We loved the entertainment on the royal caribbean cruises, lots of shows, activities, music etc so this would be a big requirement for our next one. Something similar or better quality entertainment is a must!

We can only really go July this year as well. Probably looking to go European again to keep costs down too!

I seen a tv show about Norwegian but the reviews on here did not seem great.

Any input would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

I have mostly cruised RCI as well, but I have also sailed Carnival, Disney and NCL. I have only been on NCL once, but had a great experience. Shows were top notch. I like Royal, but IMO they are no better/worse than the other lines. In fact, I think that most all lines are more alike than they are different.

Happy sailing!

I will look into it.

Looking at Celebrity cruises here as well. Some decent looking Greek/Italian/Adriatic ones for the dates we can go. Is the entertainment on them any good?

Celebrity is also owned by Royal Caribbean International. They seem to appeal to more sophisticated passengers. RC has lots more activities and shows.

Sorry to contradict the above posters but they are missing the point. They say "Try so and so" without the crucial information: What is it about Royal Caribbean that you wish were better/different that is causing you to want to go elsewhere?

It's that reason for a change that will provide a genuine recommendation to fit YOUR needs. I might suggest my favorite line or lines, but that doesn't mean it's the one YOU should sail. And for me to project would be nothing more than a guess on my part.

Let's posit that you want a ship with "entertainment", possibly with an upward move in quality. But do you want a larger ship, smaller ship, same size? Passenger demographic? Kids? Luxury or budget? Gimmicks or traditional? Free-wheeling or structured? So many different things to consider - mostly what do you want to stay "the same" and what would you like to be "different". Even with entertainment, are you looking for flashy production shows, name headliners, lounge acts or whatever? Ditto with activities - both high-powered speakers and belly flop contests are "activities"....what's your style? And if the main answer for a change is nothing more than "curiousity", at least you have the right parameters to work with.

Once you've asked, and answered, those questions to your satisfaction, THEN it's time to do the research and find a fit for your wants. Sorry if that's tossing it back in your lap but it's the honest approach.

Loved both times but think we want a bit of a change for this year....

Absolutely understand your point, but if I may ask, why change if you loved the RCI product? Assuming you are enrolled in the Crown and Anchor program, you are building loyalty points with every RCI cruise. Royal has cruises to Europe in July, almost 2 dozen to choose from.

Having said that, we have also sailed on Princess and Holland America but did not enjoy it as much. We are trying Celebrity for the first time later this year.

I seen a tv show about Norwegian but the reviews on here did not seem great.

Any input would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

We are Royal Diamonds and tried NCL for the first time last Dec, and we loved it! Sailed on the NCL Jade out of Rome.

Here was a comparison thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2139442