Looking for Maasdam and Statendam magnets

Cruiser 4 Life 66

I collect refrigerator magnets from ships I've sailed on, unfortunately I didn't start until after I had already taken cruises on these two ships. I tried eBay and Google searches, but can't find them anywhere online. I don't want to have to book a cruise on them again just to buy a magnet, so does anybody have an idea of where I can get them?

I would also be willing to pay anyone who is going on a cruise on these ships to get them for me. I would pay for the magnet, shipping, and a "finders fee" as a thank you. Let me know if you can assist. Thanks.

I would also be willing to pay anyone who is going on a cruise on these ships to get them for me. I would pay for the magnet, shipping, and a "finders fee" as a thank you. Let me know if you can assist. Thanks.

If you can't find one any other way, I think this is a good idea.

I suggest you read some of the roll call threads for the two ships, and post to see if there is someone who will do a little shopping for you. That's the place where you are most likely to find someone sailing on the ships. Since the roll calls are set by dates, you can pick a few dates in the reasonable future, while still allowing time to make the arrangements.

Don't forget the Statendam is leaving the fleet this fall, so you want to plan for that deadline.

I could get one for the Maasdam. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow, you'll also have to pay Brazil sales tax and tariff, but that's probably not a big deal. Are you looking for the roughly 2x4 inch flat magnet, or the alligator clip style?

Roy

• 1 month later...
Hey Cruiser!

I'm hopefully going on the Maasdam next week....still waiting for work to let me off, but if I get on the Maasdam you have got your magnet!

I will be in touch!!

Suzie

Thank you so much Suzie!

The Maasdam was my first cruise ever, so it holds a special place in my heart.

If Suzie, for one reason or another, doesn't get one on her Maasdam cruise, I can get you one on my cruise on May 1st and send it to you upon my return.

Thank you Alberta Quilter!

These below are the ones I have now, I'm trying to get the missing ones for the other cruises in my signature by posting on the various cruise line boards here. I prefer the oval type with the ship in the middle, but if that is not available I'm fine with another kind. Beggars can't be choosers!

10A11D1C-7B8C-4559-B95B-291675586EEC_zps8ny9wztj.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Yes, please! I would be so grateful!

Got it! I had a choice of two types, neither of which looked like the ones you posted. I'll be in touch when I get home in a couple of weeks. If you don't hear from me by May 24th, just post here and bring the thread to the top.

Got it! I had a choice of two types, neither of which looked like the ones you posted. I'll be in touch when I get home in a couple of weeks. If you don't hear from me by May 24th, just post here and bring the thread to the top.

Thank you so much!

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• 2 weeks later...