What happened to the Ryndam thread

caladezi

I posted just before it was removed... Maybe I'm to blame?

I talked with HAL - had them check with a supervisor. They had no information regarding a delay. HOWEVER - they suggested that I call the Tampa Port directly...

When I talked with the Port - The gentleman confirmed that the Ryndam's arrival WAS DELAYED tomorrow. He thought that it was due in about 10:00. He didn't know anything about delayed embarkation ( suggested I cal HAL) but he guessed that there would be some delay.

Please don't make travel arrangements based only on what I have heard, but for what it's worth, this is what I was told.

This just came in e-mail.

Rydam 2/8/15 sailing has delayed check-in and embarkation-Urgent Information

Inbox

x

Curtiss, Ellen (HAL) <ECurtiss@hollandamerica.com>

2:53 PM (8 minutes ago)

to

Greetings. We look forward to traveling with you aboard the ms Ryndam.

Due to an emergency medical disembarkation which took place last night, the arrival of the ms Ryndam into Tampa has been delayed. Unfortunately, this means that we will not be able to provide early embarkation today; instead, embarkation will begin at approximately 1:30pm.

We want to assure you that the safety and comfort of our guests, staff, and crew are of paramount importance to Holland America Line, and we sincerely appreciate your understanding and patience.

Due to the extremely limited seating available in the terminal, and the delayed disembarkation which will be taking place upon the ship’s arrival, we ask that you arrive to the terminal between 1:30pm and 3:30pm. Earlier arrivals will be turned away at the gate. If you have the ability to arrive between 2:00p and 3:00pm, we ask that you do so to avoid the long lines that will develop at the terminal at 1:30pm.

Regards,

Ellen Curtiss

Manager, Port Everglades, Tampa, Boston, NYC, Baltic Operations

PHONE: 206 626 8023

Holland America Line

EMAIL: ecurtiss@hollandamerica.com

hollandamerica.com

Seabourn

EMAIL:ecurtiss@seabourn.com

seabourn.com

Save resources. Think before you print.

Our flight lands at 11:30 and we are not going to change anything. Just may take our time getting to the port.

For those taking HAL transportation from the airport: Does this change anything?

I imagine that they are going to have a lot of people waiting outside the port terminal that have nowhere else to go.

If I remember correctly, it's only about 30 min from airpot to terminal?

Edited by Bobby2Dogs

Our flight lands at 11:30 and we are not going to change anything. Just may take our time getting to the port.

For those taking HAL transportation from the airport: Does this change anything?

I imagine that they are going to have a lot of people waiting outside the port terminal that have nowhere else to go.

If I remember correctly, it's only about 30 min from airpot to terminal?

Figure it takes an hour for you to deplane, get to baggage claim and get your luggage, gather with the HAL rep, get to the bus, and get everyone aboard.

The bus could take the long way to the pier, or even give you a short tour of the area to kill time. But once you add in the driving time, there's not a lot of time left to kill.

Not going to be a big deal but I'm sure that there will be some who are upset. I know that if it were my wife or me that needed the medical assistance I would be very thankful that HAL helped us out. It gonna be a great cruise!!!

So now it's confirmed....sorry to hear that.

Enjoy your cruise anyway, she's a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew.

Tell Joel (show host/pub trivia leader) hello from the Brainy Bunch:D

If that is the same Joel who was on the Zuiderdam for the Sept relocation from Vancouver to FLL, tell him hello from V2FL as well.

If the stevedores will accept the luggage from waiting guests, there are some casual restaurants within walking distance of the terminal. I remember a Hooters and several other places. Drop your bags and go get lunch. :)