Giovanni's for lunch

laurenpie

Hello :)

I often feel if I don't book a lot of things before I leave, it just won't happen when I am away...

I have seen on lots of reviews that people go to Giovanni's for lunch, and I was wanting to try it out.. When making restaurant reservations, I noticed that only dinner was available.

Do I need to wait until I am onboard to book lunch? :)

Thanks.

Yes, you have to wait until on board. I spoke to a RCCL representative yesterday because I wondered that too. I was told that you have to wait until onboard because Giovanni's does not take reservations for lunch. The restaurant will be open when boarding begins.

On Oasis it was $15 pp for lunch.

Giovanni's is an especially nice place to go for lunch on embarkation day to avoid the crowds until people are allowed to go to their cabins.

We walked right in without reservations and were seated immediately. :)

LuLu

We were on Navigator last week. They do indeed take lunch reservations.

On the first night on board we went to the concierge and asked her to make two reservations for us. One for lunch at Giovanni's Table and one at Chops for an evening dinner.

If you make two reservations you get 20% off both cover charges; if you make three reservations you get 30% off each cover.

The lunch cover at Giovanni's is $15.00 each. So with discount it was $12.00 each. Great bargain for fantastic food and service that is impeccable.

The lunch menu IS different than the dinner menu. Notably is the outstanding, award-winning lasagna. It is ONLY available at lunch, not at dinner. Our lunch included bread and olive oil/balsamic dipping, thin slices of pizza at the behest of the chef, caprese salad for two, two orders of lasagna and two cannollis to go. We were so satisfied and stuffed from lunch here that we did not eat dinner that night.

We were on Navigator last week. They do indeed take lunch reservations.

On the first night on board we went to the concierge and asked her to make two reservations for us. One for lunch at Giovanni's Table and one at Chops for an evening dinner.

If you make two reservations you get 20% off both cover charges; if you make three reservations you get 30% off each cover.

The lunch cover at Giovanni's is $15.00 each. So with discount it was $12.00 each. Great bargain for fantastic food and service that is impeccable.

The lunch menu IS different than the dinner menu. Notably is the outstanding, award-winning lasagna. It is ONLY available at lunch, not at dinner. Our lunch included bread and olive oil/balsamic dipping, thin slices of pizza at the behest of the chef, caprese salad for two, two orders of lasagna and two cannollis to go. We were so satisfied and stuffed from lunch here that we did not eat dinner that night.

You cannot make online reservations. You have to make your reservation once onboard.