Where's the bed located on the Jewel?

Oaky...we are thinking of sailing on RCCL for the first time on the Jewel in April. I REALIZE that this is going to look like one of the stupidest questions ever asked on this board...(PLEASE tell me there have been dumber ones...) but what I mean is this...

On one of Princess's ships, the bed (in a balcony stateroom) was located next to the sliding doors and the couch was closer to the bathroom. It was wonderful to lie in bed and watch the sea...when we sailed on Celebrity, in a similar type balcony room, the couch was beside the window and the bed was further back in the room. I missed seeing the ocean go by from the bed. On RCCL's web site...they show the bed next to the sliding door. Is this true or is this just marketing?

Thanks,

Cathykins

Was on the Jewel last year in an E2 balcony cabin. The bed was closest to the sliding glass doors. So if you keep your drapes open you can look right out at the water.

Not a stupid question.....believe me, I've asked some that are much worse!

Having just gotten off the AOS almost 2 weeks ago, I can tell you this - both. DH and I had a JS and the couch was closer to the window. In the connecting D1 that my kids were in, the bed was closer to the window. I think it will matter what type of stateroom you have.

For those that are sober...The bed is usually in your stateroom,for those not so

clearheaded..Any pool lounger will do..:)

Ok...seriously.Since your question has already been answered..On Rhapsody,the bed was by the door,couch by Balcony.It seems on Mariner E1.It is opposite.To me,this seems silly...I prefer the open space by the balcony,rather than having to walk around the bed to get to it..I realize for a JS,you have much more room...But us stuck in steerage :D (with a view)...it stinks..

Ok...at least I have a corner Aft :p

Do you think my Steward will swap it around for me??:eek:

On the Radiance class the bed is closer to the balcony sliding doors. On the Vision class the sofa is closer to the balcony sliding glass door. On the Voyager class the bed is closer to the balcony sliding doors, except for the Junior Suites and higher which has the sitting area closest to the balcony doors.

Archived