Freedom Room 1864

thebooth

the handicap room

might have to get my wifey a hoverround for the cruise, wonder if we can get it thru the door or leave it in the hall as we see a lot recently?

anyway got a great deal, outside handicap was only 18 dollar less but bottom deck which is a way of saying this was only 18 more for premium deck 12!!!

what a deal:)

may 15 eastern 2016

we will llive out of a suitcase if we have to, I despise that but the old lady does it all the time!

where's my paper bag, when we wuz kids we'd all get a bag at the grocery store for a suitcase when we went to the beach! ALWAYS HAD A NEW SUITCASE! :eek:

the handicap room

might have to get my wifey a hoverround for the cruise, wonder if we can get it thru the door or leave it in the hall as we see a lot recently?

:

It will fit through the door. Please dont leave it in the hallway. You see it a lot but they are not suppose to do that. Its a safety issue and makes it difficult for others in wheelchairs and scooters to get around it etc.

is that people have not had a HC room and their scooter wouldn't fit thru the door, OR if they had an inside room you couldn't move physically in the room with the scooter in there.

Our last cruise on the Valor, a couple we hung with had a port rental, and that was the case with their room. They didn't have a hc room. So no wide door, I asked it they could get the thing in there and they said barely but without the hc room they couldn't move around. The hubby was in the thing, he had some mobility, maybe not as much as my wife but recent health issues ( they barely got clearance to travel ) had the guy at a quick fatigue level.

My wife was pretty much ok for the cruise, on her feet the entire time ( no scooter rented and no hc room ) but at the very end we did get help getting her off the ship.

She has had two knee replacements which are fine. But now, all the years of damage and arthritis to a badly broken ankle about 33 years ago is catching up to her. She is still working full time and able to manage pain and mobility on a day to day basis. However, a 7 day cruise is about the limit right now.

We have a 5 7 and 6 day booked next year. I think she'll be fine on the 5, smaller ship, perfect cabin choice, and 80% of the time on that ship we will be at the aft of the ship.

The Freedom, I'm pretty sure we are getting the scooter, its such a huge ship, lots to do and see and our cabin as the discussion is about is way up front. I think the rental a NEED, no reason to make yourself suffer to have a good time?

The 6 day late in the year same type of carnival ship, smaller one, depending on her health at the years end, we will see on the scooter.

GROWING OLDER SUX, I really don't recommend it to anyone!:eek: