"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

That's what I read! I wish he could tell us already, I want to know already! I kinda feel Miracle might be sent to Tampa (kinda hope it does) because that might open up the possibility for a different ship to come to the West Coast! I'm very excited for Tampa, it'll most likely probably be a Spirit class ship; lets see what Carnival decides to send to Tampa. The suspense is killing me!! I want to know already, LOL!

I would be shocked to see them move a conquest class Ship to the west coast. They would have to sail it around South America. Very costly and takes a long time.

Edited by jimbo5544

I haven't read all the pages of this thread so someone may have already said this. If you do a search on Carnivals website for cruises next year and beyond, you can see which ships do not have any itineraries scheduled yet. I would think those would be the ships with the most likelihood of changing, right ?

May 2016 - 2017 ships with no schedule yet

Ecstasy, Fantasy, Imagination, Inspiration, Miracle, Sensation, Splendor, Valor, Victory

Other ships with no schedule starting late 2016 - 2017

Fascination, Legend, Magic

You could even drill it down city by city and see what cities have openings. I didn't take it that far, though.

My husband and I have been looking to sail different Carnival ships, which is why we're flying for a couple of future Carnival cruises. Since we plan on flying to Port Canaveral and board the Valor (which was supposed to be the Liberty), that means the Valor will move to the West Coast. It would be our luck. That or the Splendor would come back.

I think the Splendor is coming to Port Canaveral and maybe get 2.0 upgrades. Miracle to Tampa. I have no idea about the Victory. Miami doesn't really need another ship down there IMO. Jacksonville?

I think the Splendor is coming to Port Canaveral and maybe get 2.0 upgrades. Miracle to Tampa. I have no idea about the Victory. Miami doesn't really need another ship down there IMO. Jacksonville?

Jacksonville has bridge issues just like Tampa. Damn those bridges. ;)

My husband and I have been looking to sail different Carnival ships, which is why we're flying for a couple of future Carnival cruises. Since we plan on flying to Port Canaveral and board the Valor (which was supposed to be the Liberty), that means the Valor will move to the West Coast. It would be our luck. That or the Splendor would come back.

That would be amazing if they sent Valor or even Splendor to Long Beach. There are plenty of Conquest Class ships on the East Coast. Also, not many people like Splendor on the East Coast, so I wouldn't mind them sending it back here. Valor or Splendor, fingers crossed!

Port Canaveral has plenty of great ships. Magic is most likely being sent there, then you got the Sunshine and Valor. And even RCL is sending the Oasis of the Seas to PC. People in PC wouldn't like/want the Splendor there. Splendor doesn't have the 2.0 features, and cruisers from PC want a ship with 2.0 features

Port Canaveral has plenty of great ships. Magic is most likely being sent there, then you got the Sunshine and Valor. And even RCL is sending the Oasis of the Seas to PC. People in PC wouldn't like/want the Splendor there. Splendor doesn't have the 2.0 features, and cruisers from PC want a ship with 2.0 features

I live in Jersey but Port Canaveral is my favorite port. I'm always aiming to cruise on any ship out of that port. I wouldn't mind the Splendor but only with 2.0. And if the Valor leaves, I think they will have to put a bigger ship there. These are my ideas. I could be totally off base. You don't have to agree with me. So far the only ship slated for PC next Winter is the Sunshine, so right now for Carnival no they don't have plenty of great ships. Just one. I was simply speculating on what else Carnival will put there - specifically for next Summer. The Magic is said to be going there but not until the Winter. She doesn't have 2.0 but she is big. I guess we'll find out next week. I'm getting anxious!

That's what I read! I wish he could tell us already, I want to know already! I kinda feel Miracle might be sent to Tampa (kinda hope it does) because that might open up the possibility for a different ship to come to the West Coast! I'm very excited for Tampa, it'll most likely probably be a Spirit class ship; lets see what Carnival decides to send to Tampa. The suspense is killing me!! I want to know already, LOL!

I think we might actually be getting:

-1 New Spirit Class Ship

or

-1 New Fantasy Class Ship

or

-2 New Fantasy Class Ships

or

-1 New Fantasy Class and 1 New Spirit class ship.

The 2 Fantasy idea- one could do 4-5 days, and the other can do 7 days. The Paradise has been here since 2011 I think.

On the Pride repo Q&A it was confirmed that Tampa will get a second ship. he did not say which one or which class.

It was also confirmed privately that the Magic is coming to PC. There have been strong hints for a while that this will happen.

On the Pride repo Q&A it was confirmed that Tampa will get a second ship. he did not say which one or which class.

It was also confirmed privately that the Magic is coming to PC. There have been strong hints for a while that this will happen.

Not a 3rd ship? Guess that one's debunked!

Unfortunately Jacksonville gets the Elation next year during "operation swap ships" or so I read. The Elation is lacking and is need of an overhaul. Jacksonville is such a great port.

Paradise and Elation both get passed over for upgrades every time they go into drydock. Being the newest of the class, and the only two with azipods, they might both be some of the first to go, when they start kicking ships to the curb.

When is Spirit due for a drydock? Would it be out of the realm of possibilities for Legend to spend the summer in Alaska and winter (northern hemisphere) in Australia?

That would allow Spirit to relocate to Long Beach and Miracle could relocate to Tampa. Or, Miracle could stay in Long Beach and Spirit relocate to Tampa.

Regardless, I hope that one of the Fantasy class ships in Long Beach relocates or changes from the 3/4 day itineraries that they're running. I see those cruises for $99 a lot. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

Paradise and Elation both get passed over for upgrades every time they go into drydock. Being the newest of the class, and the only two with azipods, they might both be some of the first to go, when they start kicking ships to the curb.

You're like anti Elation/Paradise.

You're like anti Elation/Paradise.

Everything I stated about those two ships is fact, with a little speculation thrown in about them maybe being some of the first to leave the fleet. If stating facts is being anti anything, then so be it. Show me if I'm wrong. :p

Everything I stated about those two ships is fact, with a little speculation thrown in about them maybe being some of the first to leave the fleet. If stating facts is being anti anything, then so be it. Show me if I'm wrong. [emoji14]

I know you're but stating facts, but it's like you hate those two ships.

I know you're but stating facts, but it's like you hate those two ships.

Why would I hate those two ships, or any ship for that matter? I just find it odd that those two particular ships seem to get passed over time and again, for any of the upgrades that the rest of that class has already gotten. They're the two newest ships in that class. You'd think that they would get the latest and greatest, but years pass by and they get nothing. That doesn't make you wonder what's up with those two ships?

Why would I hate those two ships, or any ship for that matter? I just find it odd that those two particular ships seem to get passed over time and again, for any of the upgrades that the rest of that class has already gotten. They're the two newest ships in that class. You'd think that they would get the latest and greatest, but years pass by and they get nothing. That doesn't make you wonder what's up with those two ships?

You're actually right.

Which is exactly why I went "huh?" when I saw Elation moving to Jax bc it has no upgrades. I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will let me know if I am, but Jax seems to do pretty good business. Makes me wonder if business will decrease when Elation arrives.