LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Robyn, so glad you've got such a great attitude about missing a port! As our mutual friend Meg (Megr1125) says, I'm on a ship and that's all that matters!

I was MIA for a couple of days and thought I'd gone back and reread everything, but maybe not. We're you able to find out when the first formal night is on the Eastern itinerary? Coco Cay day 2 or sea day 3?

Thanks for all your wonderful posts and pictures! Only 16 more days for me!

Cheryl

Robyn, so glad you've got such a great attitude about missing a port! As our mutual friend Meg (Megr1125) says, I'm on a ship and that's all that matters!

I was MIA for a couple of days and thought I'd gone back and reread everything, but maybe not. We're you able to find out when the first formal night is on the Eastern itinerary? Coco Cay day 2 or sea day 3?

Cheryl

Ooooops! Forgot to ask. I'll let you know, unless someone else chimes in before. Hope everything is ok? You usually aren't MIA?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooops! Forgot to ask. I'll let you know, unless someone else chimes in before. Hope everything is ok? You usually aren't MIA?!

Thanks Robyn I'm fine, I've just been driving 216 miles every other day back and forth to my daughters to house sit as they are having construction done on their house. When we cruised together, I had just learned my daughter was pregnant with her 1st child. Well Maddy turns 5 on Coco cay day and Sammy has just turned 3!!! They hope to have one more in the next 2 years, so they are finishing off another room on their house!

I can't wait to take the Grandkids on this cruise as I think they will be in owe of how big it is!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl

Formal nights on FR Eastern are Sunday and Friday.

The Quest is tonight! Looking forward to some madness in Studio B.

Just got the compass for tomorrow, looks like partly sunny skies and temps in the mid 70's. I'll take it! [emoji295]️

Weather forecast is 80 degrees in Port Canaveral on Sunday

Hey Robyn, could you please let me know if Vintages on this ship serves Tapas. Thanks!

I'm not sure about tapas, but there has been food in Vintages and it looks delicious. More like antipasto type?

Robyn,

Have enjoyed staying up late reading all of your posts. Hope you will have calm seas tomorrow. I am sure you will have fun no matter.

I'm glad you are enjoying my Live review! I'm hoping for calm seas too, and some Mexican sunshine!

Today's recap:

We are still rocking and rolling, but not as bad as this morning. Lobster tonight was very good, but as you now know, there are no garlicky shrimp accompanying the lobster. The Quest was a lot of fun, all new quests this time which was great - the cheaters were outta luck! Although Belle seems like a lovely person, her Quest was lacking a bit. I'm not sure what her role is when Casey Pelter is CD, but she needs a bit more practice and confidence to be a full time CD. Im sure as time goes by she will be great.

The fixipod isn't fixed. The work will take place on the Eastern itinerary at St. Maarten and St.Thomas according to the Concierge.

Hopefully we will hear more about that next Friday. Enjoy your Sea day today. Thanks for helping make one of my last 10 weeks go faster. With grandchild #2 on the way I know the next summer will fly by.

Is there a layout and what area is the best to sit at??

There are only deck plans. The layout can vary from week to week. I was on one cruise where there were 8 people in wheel chairs and most of them had early seating so they rearranged tables to give wider aisles where they planned on seating them. I know there are other reasons. They frequently spend embarkation morning re-arranging tables. I found that out when after boarding I found our table. Then when dinner came, we were somewhere else.