Sign of the times..gratuities

Probably due to them planning on bringing in the 123go deal that celebrity has.

It is supposed to be released 14th feb but USA time.

They certainly need that to give people an incentive to cruise RCI here in Australia, with the falling Aussie dollar their top drink package is now over $80 AUD per day and yet their fares are not that much better than P&O or Princess Australia.:(

Edited by MicCanberra

They certainly need that to give people an incentive to cruise RCI here in Australia, with the falling Aussie dollar their top drink package is now over $80 AUD per day and yet their fares are not that much better than P&O or Princess Australia.:(

This will likely make things worse though.

It just makes the fares all inclusive. Fine for those who want the package anyway, but it bumps up fares otherwise for those who don't get value from the packages.

RCI FAQ....Gratuities

Q:*Will you be adjusting the gratuity for bar, wine and beverage service?

A:*Yes. The new gratuity as of February 1, 2015 will be 18%, automatically added to your bar/beverage bill.

Was going to post the same, as it applies to both celebrity and RCL. Thanks for bringing it up!

This makes me question if I should just buy the $27.80 royal replenishment package and know my bar tab has been capped? Awful lot of money for a non drinker

You're paying the extra gratuity either way i.e. the package gratuity increases as well as the individual drink gratuity.

So it shouldn't change the value assessment of individual vs package - just both options are going up.

You're paying the extra gratuity either way i.e. the package gratuity increases as well as the individual drink gratuity.

So it shouldn't change the value assessment of individual vs package - just both options are going up.

Here's the thing I loved the royal replenish package last time but felt I was drinking to make my quota but I can still get the soda package at $10 aud per day and have budget for 3 non alcoholic cocktails a day. 3rd world problem I know

This will likely make things worse though.

It just makes the fares all inclusive. Fine for those who want the package anyway, but it bumps up fares otherwise for those who don't get value from the packages.

Yes, I know that you would still pay but people are more likely to cruise if it they think drinks are included.:D

Here's the thing I loved the royal replenish package last time but felt I was drinking to make my quota but I can still get the soda package at $10 aud per day and have budget for 3 non alcoholic cocktails a day. 3rd world problem I know

Do what you need to do to enjoy yourself, no use cruising and being miserable due to not having a drink. The soda package sounds alright for you and just buy a proper drink with dinner.:D

Could you get three mocktails for $18.

But I agree with picking the package that is best for you.

Sounds the way to go.

Yes, I know that you would still pay but people are more likely to cruise if it they think drinks are included.:D

Only some. Others are turned off by higher prices, and especially if it's for something you don't value... Sure, it's nice to have, but if the price is more than you think worthwhile others are less likely to cruise.

Do what you need to do to enjoy yourself, no use cruising and being miserable due to not having a drink. The soda package sounds alright for you and just buy a proper drink with dinner.:D

What's this proper drink business :confused: Diet Coke's a proper drink :D.