Hyatt 17th St Convention Center

romandog

I got this hotel via value trips for May 16th. Just wanted to give others a heads up. I waited for a reply from value trips for 4 days, and never got one. I emailed them, and never got a response. I was beginning to think they never got my request, or they had no rooms left for $99 price. I called the hotel directly, and asked if they had a reservation in my name. Yes they did! I asked them to email me a receipt, and they did. My advise is, if you get no return email, call the hotel directly.

We stayed at the Hyatt in January and will do it again when we return next winter. Go to Hyatt's main site and sign up for their passport to start collecting points toward a free night. One of our nights at the 17th St. was free, plus taxes.

When you access the hotel's dedicated web site, it also lists nearby restaurants within walking distance. One night we walked across the parking lot to Mezzaluna for happy hour....dh was impressed with the $1. raw oysters at the bar.

What airline are you flying to FLL? We arrived on Jet Blue - had to walk along the terminal side walks, to a hotel shuttle pick up sector just beyond the far end of the terminal. Once we had our luggage, I called the hotel directly about the van. They contacted the driver and let me know it was at FLL and would be at the pick-up location within ten minutes. Keep an eye open for one marked Hyatt and be sure to tell the driver what Hyatt you are going to.

Darcy