Cabin size on Sea Princess

bjdcrd

I just found out that our cabin is 135 square feet, does anyone have any feedback? This will be the smallest we have been appointed to ... so I am a wee bit concerned. Any feedback would be grateful!!

Cheers, Bonnie

I just found out that our cabin is 135 square feet, does anyone have any feedback? This will be the smallest we have been appointed to ... so I am a wee bit concerned. Any feedback would be grateful!!

Cheers, Bonnie

Possibly true. Princess lists Interior Doubles for Sea as 135 - 148 sft and Oceanview Doubles as 135 - 155 sft.

We haven't sailed Sea Princess yet, but these dimension listings caused me to book an Oceanview Deluxe which is listed at 173 sft.

http://www.princess.com/ships/cp/staterooms/cp_oceanview_deluxe.html

Contact your TA to see if you can change to one of the larger cabins. If the TA doesn't know cabin sizes (no surprise there) call a Princess rep for help with cabin selection.

You may not have to change category. As far as I can tell, catgories within type (Ouside Double, for example) change only with deck. The price follows the deck location - upward.

Some real orgainizational skills will come in handy with that small of a cabin. We have never booked an inside on a Sun Class ship but even balcony cabins can be on the smallish side we found out. Take along a bathroom orgainizer and make sure your luggage will fit under the bed. Do not over pack and I wouldn't plan on spending too much time in the cabin. They are pretty tiny.

Enjoy your cruise!

The inside cabins on the Sun class are small, but on our cruise my parents had an inside and they found it fine for the 10 days they were on the cruise. Try your best not to overpack and you should be fine. Just remember to put your luggage under the bed to get them out of the way. Anyhow, don't most of us spend most of our days out of our cabins? I think you will be find.

We spent 3 weeks in cabin # C-517 on Sea Princess this summer. We did not spend much time in our cabin, so small size was no problem. There was plenty of storage space (our opinion) and our suitcases (2-26" expandable, 1-21" expandable & 1-18", all wheelies) fit easily under the beds.

The twin beds were in a queen configuration when we boarded, which we felt made for less space to move around in the room, so we had our room Steward separate them into twins after the first night. Made it seem much larger with the beds against the walls, more floor space between them, instead of narrow space on each side of a queen bed in the center. We would take the same cabin again in a heartbeat.

I'm due to be in one of the square rooms for 21 days, after seeing layouts, photos, I think I'll appreciate the bigger bathroom! More drawer space, less closet space than the regular closet opposite the bathroom cabins, and I do like the layout better.

I'm on the Sea Princess in 2 days so I'll let you know what I think!

Susie

Archived