Europe Summer 2016 Itineraries

richarduk

I know this may have already been covered, but I see that Europe summer 2016 itineraries are now published and bookable. This time it's Oosterdam and Eurodam in the Med and Zuiderdam in Northern Europe.

Does anyone know if Oosterdam in good? Has it, or will it be refurbished?

Edited by richarduk

I know this may have already been covered, but I see that Europe summer 2016 itineraries are now published and bookable. This time it's Oosterdam and Eurodam in the Med and Zuiderdam in Northern Europe.

Does anyone know if Oosterdam in good? Has it, or will it be refurbished?

Have you, as yet, communicated with HAL to discover the answer to your question? :confused:

As I understand it, there is a 3 ship contract with Fincantieri Palermo (Sicily) to install the new staterooms aft of the Crows Nest on Zuiderdam in March/April 2015, on Oosterdam in March/April 2016 and on Westerdam in March/April 2017. Nordam is going to Australia/New Zealand as she already has the staterooms referenced. Of course, the routine drydocking maintenance will also be accomplished in Palermo. Therefore the European itineraries follow for the 3 Vista class sisters.

I was on the Oosterdam last summer and she was in excellent shape then. I think the Noordam will be in Alaska in 2016 season

Indeed, doing the Vancouver-Seward one-way cruises.

Amsterdam, Maasdam, NA, Noordam, Volendam, Westerdam and Zaandam will all e in Alaska in 2016.

I only know from the HAL deployment "chart" that she is going "westbound" through the Panama Canal in Spring 2016. One would guess that she will be in Alaska in Summer 2016 but there is no confirmation of that yet. If she is going to replace Noordam in Australia in 2016/2017, she could possibly reposition there from Vancouver in Sept/Oct 2016. But...who knows?

Does anyone know where Nieuw Amsterdam is going after April 2016.

She will be in Alaska after the Panama Canal transit (the transit departs FLL April 10. R/T seven day sailings out of Vancouver begin on her April 30.

Edited by sppunk