P&o azura,caribbean cruise 23/1/2015

ronnierhino

Flew from Manchester on an air bus,good leg room & food,not great onboard entertainment,no games to occupy you.premier films for £4 pp.

Left Manchester 9-40am arrived Bridgetown 2-10pm local time.one of the nice things about P&O is that you don't have to go into the airport terminal on arrival,straight down the steps onto a bus from the plane,luggage delivered to your cabin later.

40 mins later you arrive at the port terminal I timed it and it took 15 minutes to get through,away you go onto the ship with your swipe card which is live,holiday starts here.

This was the 2nd time we have sailed on Azura and stayed in a inside cabin on B deck,cabin B321.

The cabin was nice,good bed,tea & coffee available with biscuits,reasonable wardrobe,free safe,bathroom clean & roomy depending on your size ? room has a tv where you can bring up your every day spending on your account.

We had a very good cabin steward who,s name we have forgotten.

The ship in general is very good in our opinion the carpet in some area,s needs replacing where heavy traffic visit,s but nothing to upset us.There are various bars are dotted around the ship our favourite was the planet bar with it,s video wall.

Brodies bar has the general pub entertainment sports tv quizzes ect if you like that sort thing.Blue bar for a cocktail.Glass House for a bottle of wine.

Sunbathing,there seemed to be enough sunbeds when on sea days.we used to sit near the Breakers bar overlooking the main pool where you had afternoon entertainment.There is another pool with a big screen for showing films and entertainment.Why they don't show the news on this big screen is a mystery,american ships have theres on all day.Gym we never used but looked well stocked.

Theatre & cabaret bars had decent entertainment on and was well attended.

Waiters in the bars and restaurant were good we had no problem with them regarding their attitudes.

price of drinks Lager £3-95 a pint,carling,john smiths,newcastle ale.

In general we had a good time on the Azura Cruise Ship and would recommend this ship to our friends which we have and they are cruising around the Caribbean 15/2/2015.

NOW FOR MY GRIPE.

INTERNET... The cruise industry is lagging way behind the Hotel industry in providing FREE Internet .P&O explain it cost a sports car to provide internet on board,my answer as a customer is NOT INTRESTED how much it cost,its now the way of the world,passengers want FREE internet.around the islands Caribbean bars the first thing people ask is have you any internet ? if yes they buy a drink if no they find a bar with internet.This could be a deciding factor when choosing a cruise ship in the future.

P&O charge £37 for 2hrs of air time,some times it takes 20 mins to log on.the choice is yours.

Pretty much agree with the points made in the review. The internet problem does cause a lot of resentment due to cost and speed. I don't know what the answer is. I can't see P&O doing free internet.

The Sea Screen is a good facility but I do feel sorry for ladies, in particular, who have to suffer football all day on a Sunday.

What was you view on the restaurants?

Edited by dgs1956

Thanks for the review. Quite helpful on a number of points particularly your cabin as we are B deck inside.

Can I ask about your plane journey. Was it a TC flight and if so were you required to purchase your own earphones to watch the in flight entertainment?

Glad you had a good time.

Re the internet issue, the problem is that as far as I am aware, at present it has to come via satellite, which is not free or even cheap. With the exception of maybe a couple of the very expensive, very upmarket lines, they all charge for internet.

I think this may also be the issue with the news on the sea-screen. The american lines may well provide that - but it would be american tv stations that can be received in the caribbean.

Personally, I would hate a sea-screen blaring noise out all day.

We too went on that cruise but joined on the 24 th I would agree with it all ,no you don't purchase your headphones they give them out you can keep them as well blankets and pillows provided food on TC flight good and a choice ,meals in the main dining room (Meridian) was very good but poor service could get tables for 2if wanted to wait about 20-30 mins or you could share we tried both no problems with either we also went in Sindu twice just delicious,Seventeen fabulous,Verona twice very nice we had breakfast in the buffet no problems at all always went about 7-30 food good and hot but no extras just usual English stuff ,lunch was either in buffet or in the Pininsular wasn't really that keen on the buffet lunch and some days very busy but could always find something to eat there is a grill/pizza bar but didn't get round to trying any ,always got a sunbed on sea days we went to a small area on deck 17 next to Seventeen restaurant very quite always got waiter service ,so for us like others the only problem is the wifi so come on P&O catch up !!!!

• 1 month later...

Hope I am doing my first post correctly. I have been told that the Table Tennis has been removed from Azura because it makes noise in the cabins below. If anyone has been on the ship recently can you tell me if this is the case as its my favourite pass time and I will choose a different ship .

Hope I am doing my first post correctly. I have been told that the Table Tennis has been removed from Azura because it makes noise in the cabins below. If anyone has been on the ship recently can you tell me if this is the case as its my favourite pass time and I will choose a different ship .

Table Tennis was on the go on Azura in January. I can't see it being removed.

I've seen the sky high internet prices and decided that for the week on Ventura in 2 weeks, I'm just going to forget about facebook and internet and enjoy the cruise. I can still play games on my tablet.

If we happen upon a cafe in Spain or Lisbon with wifi I might check my emails but that's about it.