Freedom Of The Seas Questions

chukli

Looking for the Western Caribbean MDR Menus please.Just wondering what vegetarian options they may have available.

Also do we still sign in/out towels at the Pool Deck?

Free style soda machines available on this ship?

Wondering if the MDR are open for breakfast?

Any suggestions about which entertainment is a 'must see'? Movies currently showing on the ship?

Thanks, any advice/suggestions most welcome.

Looking for the Western Caribbean MDR Menus please.Just wondering what vegetarian options they may have available.

Also do we still sign in/out towels at the Pool Deck?

Free style soda machines available on this ship?

Wondering if the MDR are open for breakfast?

Any suggestions about which entertainment is a 'must see'? Movies currently showing on the ship?

Thanks, any advice/suggestions most welcome.

Towels only need to be signed out on port days.

Freestyle machines are available.

MDR open for breakfast.

The ice show is great.

I just got back from FOS today. The MDR was jammed for breakfast with lines two mornings going all the way to On Air. I don't know if everyone ended up getting seated (this was as I left, at like 8:45 and it was supposed to end at 9 am). I would try to get there a little earlier if possible to avoid the rush.

The menus are the same fleet-wide, and are available at the link I will give you below; click on "Main Dining Room Menu". There are vegetarian options for each course, noted by a small "V" on the menu. Also, don't be afraid to request a special order; they will certainly try to accommodate you if possible.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

From these comments - during January renovations - the concept of the Main Dining Room was NOT changed. Are they still running the early and late dining times where you have the same table and wait staff each night?

Yes, traditional (and MTD) dining is still alive on Freedom.

I just got back from FOS today. The MDR was jammed for breakfast with lines two mornings going all the way to On Air. I don't know if everyone ended up getting seated (this was as I left, at like 8:45 and it was supposed to end at 9 am). I would try to get there a little earlier if possible to avoid the rush.

Really? That is a first for me to hear. Usually on previous cruises breakfast in the MDR was almost a guarded secret.

Vegetarian options are always available on the MDR menus. Sea days you can just grab a towel but sign in/out for off ship excursions. Yes to soda machines. MDR open for breakfast but hours may shift depending on sea day or port day. Entertainment we saw Boston cover band that was really awesome - if they still are performing you really must see it! Can't remember movies.....seems like it was the same one or two over and over in the cabin and we never made it up to the big screen.

Have fun!!

Does anyone know which nights are typically the formal nights? Going on a western cruise May 10th although I imagine it doesn't really matter which cruise. Just trying to plan ahead a bit. Thanks.

I have nights 2 and 6 in my notes from last September.

When looking at the PDF from the link given earlier, know that there's an error. I actually talked with the head chef on Vision about this in October, and he was embarrassed. Not sure if it's been fixed on the actual menus or not (probably not) but it's obviously not fixed on the PDF.

The Jasmine menu has not managed to make snow crab vegetarian. It's NOT the veggie option at all, of course. (the chef said "but some vegetarians eat" and I said "that's the ONLY seafood options on the menu marked as vegetarian, that's not why it was marked with the V" and he realized I was correct)

The Three Cheese Tortelloni just below the crab thing IS one of the veggie options.

We really like the basic linguini pomodoro, I like the sweet and sour vegetarian "chicken" chunk entree, the artichokes crepes gratin is nice....but our absolutely FAVORITE vegetarian option is to ask, on the first night, to have vegetarian Indian dishes made for you for the remaining nights. They can't get it to you the first night, but oh is it scrumptious the following nights.

....but our absolutely FAVORITE vegetarian option is to ask, on the first night, to have vegetarian Indian dishes made for you for the remaining nights. They can't get it to you the first night, but oh is it scrumptious the following nights.

I have to agree. I'm not vegetarian but I LOVE Indian food. And if you ask, the head waiter for your section will come over and they will arrange for you to have it each night. You can specify if you want vegetarian or meat, since they make it with chicken, but I always tell them I don't care, to surprise me. It's so good. And spicy, the way I like it.

When looking at the PDF from the link given earlier, know that there's an error. I actually talked with the head chef on Vision about this in October, and he was embarrassed. Not sure if it's been fixed on the actual menus or not (probably not) but it's obviously not fixed on the PDF.

The Jasmine menu has not managed to make snow crab vegetarian. It's NOT the veggie option at all, of course. (the chef said "but some vegetarians eat" and I said "that's the ONLY seafood options on the menu marked as vegetarian, that's not why it was marked with the V" and he realized I was correct)

The Three Cheese Tortelloni just below the crab thing IS one of the veggie options.

We really like the basic linguini pomodoro, I like the sweet and sour vegetarian "chicken" chunk entree, the artichokes crepes gratin is nice....but our absolutely FAVORITE vegetarian option is to ask, on the first night, to have vegetarian Indian dishes made for you for the remaining nights. They can't get it to you the first night, but oh is it scrumptious the following nights.

I am definitely going to see if i could request some Vegetarian Indian Food!

My 13 year old vegetarian daughter was thinking she will be limited to boring food over this cruise, but what a surprise if we can actually get some spicy Indian Food.

Does anyone know if they serve vegetarian Indian Food in the Windjammer during lunch?