Photo Review: Celebrity Summit 2/7/15 Southern Caribbean (with 2 days in San Juan)

HeatherC430

Thanks for the awesome review! Defiantly helped me sell the summit to my fiancé. Was there many children on the cruise that time of year? I just hear that there's a few local family's that go on the summit. We will defiantly be booking the summit on board the Sil in 24 days. Now just trying to sell her on booking a B2B!

I’ve been to St. Thomas enough times that I’ve stopped counting. After several years of actual “tours” now we pretty much just decide on a beach to go to for the day. The last handful of cruises we’ve taken one of the excursions to St. John for the day. On this trip, we booked the Self Explore St. John excursion through Celebrity for $35 per person. We’ve been to St. John several times and on each trip we’ve been to Trunk Bay (and loved it). I had planned on venturing somewhere new on this trip, and Cinnamon Bay was the one I was planning on trying. When our boat arrived in Cruz Bay area, the workers at the port informed us that due to the water current Caneel Bay would be the best beach to go to. We went with the flow and ventured with many of the other “self explorers” to the resort. We were told that we could use the resorts beach, but we wouldn’t be able to use the lounge chairs which was fine with us. The shared taxi shuttle was $5 per person each way.

The accommodations at the resort were very nice, namely the restrooms and area along the beach. It appeared they had an outdoor bar and restaurant area. After we spent a few hours at the beach, I had noticed a sign on our walk to the beach at the resort where the sign pointed one direction that said “Honeymoon Beach” which I had heard of before. We decided to make the walk and check out Honeymoon Beach as well while we were there. Honeymoon Beach was actually more crowded than Caneel Bay and not nearly as nice (or so we thought). The waves were much more intense at Honeymoon Beach. The available facilities at Honeymoon Beach were not very extensive either. It reminded me of a camping area right next to a beach. There were some picnic tables, lots of shade provided by trees, and a concession stand area as well as some beach rentals. It was only a 5-10 minute walk each way between the Caneel Bay beach & Honeymoon beach. We walked back to the resort and hopped in another shared shuttle back to Cruz bay.

We had about an hour or so to walk through the shops at Mongoose Junction back near Cruz Bay, then the boat ride back to St. Thomas. On the boat ride back, the staff served some painkillers (rum, orange & pineapple juice) which were so good you couldn’t even taste the rum. All in all it was a great day.

ry%3D480

The boat that took us to St. John...

ry%3D480

Caneel Bay from a lookout on our way to the resort.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Thanks for the amazing review. We will be on the Summit in April! A question for you...for someone who has never been to St. John, barring any weather disruption, would you suggest Trunk Bay or Caneel Bay. We have been thinking of doing either Truck (or Cinnamon), but would love to know your preference now that you have been to Caneel. (I know that you haven't been to Cinnamon). Thanks!