c-pap machine

gunnywife

Thinking of sailing on the Splendor in Sept. I'm a new traveler with a c-pap machine. I will definiitely take an extension cord. But my question is how far is the electrical outlet from the bed in the inside cabin and the balcony cabin? I don't mind using an extension cord, but I don't want my husband or myself to trip on it if we have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Just came back from a Princess cruise in a mini suite and there was not problem since the outlet was right next to the bed.

I know this sounds like a small problem but I sure would appreciate an answer.

Lynn

The cord will have to stretch across the room and under the bed. I use the travel matt to cover the cord at night and my mother uses the foot bed cover thingy to cover my fathers. Keep your extension cord with your cpap.

Cruiselines will supply you with a "approved" power cord. A good room steward will make sure you have it. In addition, we always carry a six foot extension cord, packed with the machine and if asked, which never happens, they are told it is just in case needed. This goes the same for hotels, and any place else. It just stays in the bag. Sometimes it is used, sometimes not. It is not a multi plug, so, it is most likely not looked at. Also, you would tell them, it is medical use.

We had an issue once with kids, and a nebulizer, and was in dire need of an outlet. A McDonalds had one in the ceiling and we needed it. The manager had to search for an extension cord, and really went out of his way to help, but lesson learned to always have an extension cord.

I use a CPAP and always carry an extension cord, surge protector/multi outlet and duct tape with me. I tape the extension cord to the carpet with the duct tape. Steward can vacuum over it, no one trips over it, etc.

Thinking of sailing on the Splendor in Sept. I'm a new traveler with a c-pap machine. I will definiitely take an extension cord. But my question is how far is the electrical outlet from the bed in the inside cabin and the balcony cabin? I don't mind using an extension cord, but I don't want my husband or myself to trip on it if we have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Just came back from a Princess cruise in a mini suite and there was not problem since the outlet was right next to the bed.

I know this sounds like a small problem but I sure would appreciate an answer.

Lynn

If u have an adapter to 110 ($3-4), u can ask your steward to slide the mattress back, unplug lamp on your side & plug in cpap, no cord across the room.

Take your CPAP machine as carry-on. Carnival sees these every day, and they know what it is. In your CPAP travel case, pack an extension cord (with the machine). In most cases, your cabin will NOT have an AC outlet next to the bed.. The extension cord must be in “like new” condition. I have used a 12 foot cord and never had an issue. I also take duct tape and where the cord is exposed, tape it to the floor. Never had a problem

Please spend just a little extra and get gaffer's tape. Less likely to leave adhesive behind when you take it up at the end of the cruise. Good duck tape often will come up clean, but gaffer tape is specifically made to not leave residue.

Edited by dd2355

Always learning new stuff on these boards! Will look for that tape. Do the big box stores carry it?

I told my husband to get an extension cord for his CPAP. He comes home with a 20ft cord. I asked if he was planning to sleep in the hall!

Edited by JillySue

Always learning new stuff on these boards! Will look for that tape. Do the big box stores carry it?

I told my husband to get an extension cord for his CPAP. He comes home with a 20ft cord. I asked if he was planning to sleep in the hall!

20 feet... I'd be able to sleep on the balcony. Interesting, I hadn't thought of this before.

Please spend just a little extra and get gaffer's tape. Less likely to leave adhesive behind when you take it up at the end of the cruise. Good duck tape often will come up clean, but gaffer tape is specifically made to not leave residue.

Thank you! I've added this to my growing Cruise List on my Google Docs. Will purchase on Amazon's website. Apparently this grade of tape is popular with the TV and Sound crew.

You will need to let special needs know that you use a cpap machine. Your name will be on a list. You will need to check in at guest services that you have your machine and both made it onto the ship.

You can use regular water in the machine for the period of the cruise. They will provide a extension cord.

They will also provide you with a fan, if you get hot & need one

I learned all this when I just let them know I have a cpap cruise before last, out of 13 cruises.

they were paging me, and paged me prior to starting the safety meeting, to make sure I got onboard with my machine and had all I needed :)

I do NOT have a CPAP machine, but my Mom does! I am taking her on a cruise on the Ecstasy and I was going to call special needs to get her a wheelchair assist for embarkation and debarkation (she is going to be recovering from some minor heart surgery and has had a double knee replacement and can't tolerate standing for very long!) and now I know to let them know about the CPap!! Hopefully they will make sure that is handled or let me know what I need to do to take care of it!