Overnight in Labadee Cancelled

dedosr

Itinerary changed for March 21, 2015 sailing changed, eliminating an overnight in Labadee.

I just confirmed with Morgan, a customer service representative that our itinerary has been changed! He did not have it the change listed, but after I explained to him that in the calendar the itinerary is showing time changes, he checked with his supervisor, and did confirm he change with me.

The new itinerary is:

Day 4 - Arrive San Juan 4PM (this is the same). Departing 1 AM (this is a change)

Day 5 - Sea Day (this is a change)

Day 6 - Arrive Labadee 8:00 AM (this is a change). Depart 5:00 PM (this is the same)

All other days remain the same.

Edited by dedosr

Itinerary changed for March 21, 2015 sailing changed, eliminating an overnight in Labadee.

I just confirmed with Morgan, a customer service representative that our itinerary has been changed! He did not have it the change listed, but after I explained to him that in the calendar the itinerary is showing time changes, he checked with his supervisor, and did confirm he change with me.

The new itinerary is:

Day 4 - Arrive San Juan 4PM (this is the same). Departing 1 AM (this is a change)

Day 6 - Arrive Labadee 8:00 AM (this is a change). Depart 5:00 PM (this is the same)

Labadee has never been used as an overnight stop. It has always been a beach day. It is about a days sail from San Juan to Labadee. The schedule looks like what it should be.

Edited by Kamloops50

Labadee has never been used as an overnight stop. It has always been a beach day. It is about a days sail from San Juan to Labadee. The schedule looks like what it should be.

It is now, but we had been scheduled for an overnight in Labadee for about 7 months since they cancelled our stop in Samana.

Edited by dedosr

It is now, but we had been scheduled for an overnight in Labadee for about 7 months since they cancelled our stop in Samana.

Even had you docked at 5pm in Labadee the day before I'm not sure that you would have been allowed off the ship at night due to safety concerns. By doing this sea day it probably saves the crew from having to deal with guests wanting off the ship.

I don't know what you'll do in Labadee at night. Unless they will have a party ashore in the evening.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Edited by Kamloops50

The new itinerary is:

I just looked at our interary and it now has an over night in San Juan, the24th and 25th. Departing the 25th at 0100.

Edited by cruiserdrinker

I just looked at our interary and it now has an over night in San Juan, the24th and 25th. Departing the 25th at 0100.

Although it appears as an overnight in San Juan, it is not. An agent at RCI just confirmed that we are leaving 2 hours later than originally scheduled. We will be at sea on day 5 and arrive in Labadee on day 6 at 8 am.

If you look at your calander, that should clear it up as it clearly shows departure at 1 am on the the 25th.

We're also on the March 21 sailing so last week I asked Ken Rush about the unique overnight in Haiti and what we might expect there. Ken said that it appeared that the planned infrastructure improvements wouldn't be in place for March so the overnight would be cancelled - but so he was uncertain what was going to be done as a work around.

Contrary to some previous posts - there is no concern over malaria etc - just timing of improvements. Maybe next year.

Immediate impact - we had planned our dining venues around the overnight, so needed to venues accordingly. :D

We're also on the March 21 sailing so last week I asked Ken Rush about the unique overnight in Haiti and what we might expect there. Ken said that it appeared that the planned infrastructure improvements wouldn't be in place for March so the overnight would be cancelled - but so he was uncertain what was going to be done as a work around.

Contrary to some previous posts - there is no concern over malaria etc - just timing of improvements. Maybe next year.

Immediate impact - we had planned our dining venues around the overnight, so needed to venues accordingly. :D

Did he mention what the so-called infrastructure improvements are?