Upgrade Fairy!

I received an email in January from C&A offering me an upgrade from interior to Ocean Biew for $30. While this may be an upsell to some, this upgrade deal was not available on the open market and I appreciated a visit from the Upgrade Fairy. She may not have given me an automatic free upgrade but, it wasn't just trying to sell me an upgrade at the going market price.

Thanks for the information. I would like to receive one of those e-mails. They sound like a good offer to me. At least they look better than the rates advertised. We are 11 points short of reaching Diamond +. Maybe we will receive the offers at that point.

Thanks!

I hope this is something RCL continues. I feel that it's fabulous that if they are going through levels of loyalty to offer these upsells it's an awesome perk.

I think it'll will depend on what ship, what time of year, what part of the world, etc as far as how many C&A members on board, so if you are booked on Oasis with 1000 C&A members with approx only 25 cabins to be upgraded, you can bet that mostly those top 25 C&A members will get upgraded to Loft suites, JSs, balconies etc while you at D wont have a sniff at all of an upgrade. If you are booked on a ship with many open cabins and not many C&A cruisers, maybe you'll have a better chance!

I see you're on our Legend sailing! Looking forward to meeting you in the DL. I feel with this Legend sailing on Spring Break, older ship, perhaps more kids so many older D+/PN will steer clear from this sailing, etc etc etc, there may be less C&A members on board, and thus some of us D+'ers(me incl.) made it for an upsell as RCI went down their list.

When I was called for my upgrade, there were only 2 aft balconies left, and about 5-6 various side balconies (mostly all the way fwd or back). Once I posted my luck, and discovered Coloradobabe got upgraded, JudyGarland denied their upgrade, and a few others who got the call, within that evening all those avail balconies were gone! Left over were insides, and our sailing is now on the Going Going Gone list. JudyGarland and a couple of others are a little higher than me as D+, I just got to D+ 2 sailings ago so I'm relatively new. This was my first upsell.

Thanks for the information. I would like to receive one of those e-mails. They sound like a good offer to me. At least they look better than the rates advertised. We are 11 points short of reaching Diamond +. Maybe we will receive the offers at that point.

Thanks!

The upgrade email came from Crown and Anchor. We are only at the Gold level, but this is a shorter cruise too. I was surprised that upgrades (or upsells) were even available, since the cruise is during spring break season as well as the week before Easter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...