Adventure of the seas-Windjammer quality?

The WJ has a good selection of cheeses. I always stop by in the late afternoon and build us a cheese plate to enjoy with our wine in our cabin before going out for the evening. The cheese plate you get from room service is skimpy and not enough verity of cheeses.

I can't really comment on the positive side of Carnival's food because I thought it was terrible on a 5 day to Canada a couple years ago. This is going to be our first on RCL and we generally don't go to buffets.

OP - we are also on the 15th of March, come on over to the Roll Call and join in the fun.

I have been on ships where the Windjammer food was excellent and on other ships when it was not so great. Nonetheless I could always find enough tasty items to satisfy me. On two recent cruises, the Navigator and Serenade, a Miami based RCI Chef was onboard addressing the food quality in the WJ, MDR and specialty restaurants. So your concerns are being addressed.

Like you I am a foodie and food is also a big part of my cruise vacation. That is why I typically avoid the WJ and MDR and eat in the specialty restaurants.

When you say you avoid the MDR and WJ and eat in the specialty restaurants do you refer to the larger ships? I'm going on the Adventure and I thought there was only one specialty restaurant. Maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone know?

On our last cruise, NCL, we bought the ultimate dining package and really enjoyed the variety of places we could eat. First time on NCL and next time I would not buy the UDP because from what we saw the buffet looked excellent for all meals.

We too just got off the AOS in February and we rarely eat at the buffets on any ship we have been on. Its a buffet!! But we have had on every cruise partake of the buffet. The buffet on the AOS was the same we have had on other ships. No better no worse. It fills a niche and need and it is what it is. Hello Don Pedro nice to meet on the MM on the AOS. Go cardinals....

Edited by fenton04

If you have cruised for many years you would have definitely noticed the decline in quality pertaining to the food, especially in the WJ, but as stated, it does fill the void - another shout out to Don Pedro - was nice having breakfast with you in Giovanni's every morning Pete!

If you have cruised for many years you would have definitely noticed the decline in quality pertaining to the food, especially in the WJ, but as stated, it does fill the void - another shout out to Don Pedro - was nice having breakfast with you in Giovanni's every morning Pete!

How many years would we have to cruise till we are experts on buffet food.? In our defense we have been cruising since 1987. Just curious .

You express your opinion of the quality of the food and get roasted. We just finished a Back to Back on AOS and agree the food quality has dropped from 5 star + to a poor 3.

WJ breakfast was our highlight. Prime rib was horrible one night in four, Baked Alaska was full of ice crystals one week and melted goop the next. Brussels sprouts were uncooked. Soups for the most part were disappointing.

We enjoyed the companionship, weather, islands, etc. We completed our 20th cruise; many with RCL. We have booked two more extended cruises this time with Princess.

We are both in agreement, we will not cruise RCL again.

Everyone else is entitled to their opinion. We have cruised Carnival, NCL, RCL and Princess. At this pricing level, Princess (so far) exceeds our recent RCL B2B in many ways.

You express your opinion of the quality of the food and get roasted. We just finished a Back to Back on AOS and agree the food quality has dropped from 5 star + to a poor 3.

WJ breakfast was our highlight. Prime rib was horrible one night in four, Baked Alaska was full of ice crystals one week and melted goop the next. Brussels sprouts were uncooked. Soups for the most part were disappointing.

We enjoyed the companionship, weather, islands, etc. We completed our 20th cruise; many with RCL. We have booked two more extended cruises this time with Princess.

We are both in agreement, we will not cruise RCL again.

Everyone else is entitled to their opinion. We have cruised Carnival, NCL, RCL and Princess. At this pricing level, Princess (so far) exceeds our recent RCL B2B in many ways.

I have to agree whatever that was it WAS NOT baked Alaska.

We were on the Feb. 1st sailing on Adventure, and were disappointed with WJ.

Some was taste or quality related. My wife didn't care for the sushi at all the one night we had dinner there. Breakfast waffles/French toast were hard. Hardboiled eggs sometimes undercooked.

Some was lack of variety, like the desserts being the same all the time (I saw a review that called the food monotonous which I would agree with to some degree). And some items didn't get put out for lunch until about 2pm seemingly (like tuna salad and egg salad). I didn't see a wrap the entire time onboard. Lines for the egg station were usually quite long.

We hadn't sailed on RCL for some time; compared to our cruise last year on NCL where the café had freshly prepared pasta, a sandwich station, and more ethnic options, WJ seemed to really pale in comparison.

We were on the Adventure of the Seas in June 2014 sailing out of Southampton, UK. We found the food quality and variety on the Windjammer to be of good quality. Indeed, we are so blessed that we are even able to cruise!

I will let my videos do the talking.

Windjammer - Dinner buffet

[YOUTUBE]n32QJIrVd08[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer - Breakfast buffet

[YOUTUBE]uBAE5twNaKA[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer - Afternoon Tea selection

[YOUTUBE]N-iS05qXDR4[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer - Make your own pizza

[YOUTUBE]sN3ZVJA5fh0[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer - Huge Blackforest Cake

[YOUTUBE]R-Xhk7tSQnY[/YOUTUBE]

Happy cruising!