questions about back-to-back cruises

I just made a reservation to leave Sunday on the Freedom of the Seas. My husband and I have a reservation for the Freedom, leaving March 1 (when I return to Port Canaveral), but in a different stateroom. Anybody know what I need to do between cruises? Do I have to get off the ship and wait for him outside?

I just made a reservation to leave Sunday on the Freedom of the Seas. My husband and I have a reservation for the Freedom, leaving March 1 (when I return to Port Canaveral), but in a different stateroom. Anybody know what I need to do between cruises? Do I have to get off the ship and wait for him outside?

You will have to get off the ship briefly, to go through customs. However, you can get right back on the ship and not wait for your husband if you like.

You will get a letter in your stateroom with details of changeover day.

Bob is correct in his statement.

What will happen, is that the night before, you should go to your new cabin area, and find the stateroom attendant, and let him/her know that you will be moving to your new cabin the next morning.

The cabin attendant will do everything possible to have the cabin ready early for you to move to. All that you need to pack are items not hung up in the closet. The attendants will move your clothes for you.

You will probably be unpacked and settled in by the time that you get together with the other back to backer's, and as a group, all B2B will be the last to leave the ship, to go through immigration, and then, as the first group, will be allowed back aboard, as soon as the ship is cleared.

If there are enough B2B'ers, the ship normally holds a luncheon in the main dining room, so you don't have to put up with everyone else that is headed to the Windjammer, and you will be allowed back in your cabin before 1PM if you so choose.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Bob is correct in his statement.

What will happen, is that the night before, you should go to your new cabin area, and find the stateroom attendant, and let him/her know that you will be moving to your new cabin the next morning.

The cabin attendant will do everything possible to have the cabin ready early for you to move to. All that you need to pack are items not hung up in the closet. The attendants will move your clothes for you.

You will probably be unpacked and settled in by the time that you get together with the other back to backer's, and as a group, all B2B will be the last to leave the ship, to go through immigration, and then, as the first group, will be allowed back aboard, as soon as the ship is cleared.

If there are enough B2B'ers, the ship normally holds a luncheon in the main dining room, so you don't have to put up with everyone else that is headed to the Windjammer, and you will be allowed back in your cabin before 1PM if you so choose.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Thank you! That is the best explanation of the process I have read here. Normally, they are short little quips. Thanks for helping those of us who are still learning! 😄

as a group, all B2B will be the last to leave the ship, to go through immigration, and then, as the first group, will be allowed back aboard, as soon as the ship is cleared.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Thanks so much for sharing!!! We are doing our first back to back in August. We chose the same cabin for both weeks so we wouldn't have to pack or have anything moved.

Thanks so much for sharing!!! We are doing our first back to back in August. We chose the same cabin for both weeks so we wouldn't have to pack or have anything moved.

We just got off back to back on Mariner last week all we had to do was go to the conference room between 8.00am and 8.30am on change over day didn't have to disembark ship or swipe our card at all.We where in the same cabin so didn't have to pack and move let our cabin steward know on first day we where doing back to back .On change over day saw our cabin steward on way to breakfast and he asked if it was ok if he left our cabin till one of the last.

Don't be upset if you can't get in your room right away. We changed cabins last week on the Independence and the cabin we switched too didn't vacate until after 10. By the time it was cleaned and our belongings moved we were going to the cabin at 1 like all the new arrivals. It wasn't a big deal, but since I hadn't seen anyone post about not moving early I was caught off guard. Enjoy your b2b!!!

We just got off back to back on Mariner last week all we had to do was go to the conference room between 8.00am and 8.30am on change over day didn't have to disembark ship or swipe our card at all.We where in the same cabin so didn't have to pack and move let our cabin steward know on first day we where doing back to back .On change over day saw our cabin steward on way to breakfast and he asked if it was ok if he left our cabin till one of the last.

You didn't have to disembark the ship because you're turnaround day was in a foreign port which is not the case when turnaround day is in an American Port. Different rules for different ports.

I am doing only my 2nd B2B in March. My 1st was on Quantum, and there is nowhere to shop by the Port Bayonne cruise terminal. In March I wlll be cruising out of Tampa. Can I go and buy another 2 bottles of wine during my brief disembark? If so, does anyone know if there is a liquor/wine store within walking distance of the cruise teminal?

I am doing only my 2nd B2B in March. My 1st was on Quantum, and there is nowhere to shop by the Port Bayonne cruise terminal. In March I wlll be cruising out of Tampa. Can I go and buy another 2 bottles of wine during my brief disembark? If so, does anyone know if there is a liquor/wine store within walking distance of the cruise teminal?

I would also post your question in the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

A great little thread, espically with our first ever B2B coming in 2 weeks. We are staying in the same cabin but will be moving up the C&A totem pole from D to D+.

Will our BOGO be preloaded for the first night, or do we see suite concereige to help back the charges out if we go to Chops. It normally takes a few weeks for the points to update so, I am not sure how they will be preloaded if the system is not aware? I guess the ship loyalty member can help as well.

One last question. We have a mini suite booked for Allure, a western Med in May. Final payment is right when we depart this March, so we will pay a few days in advance of that cruise. We are in a JS, but watching for a GS or higher to become available. I will check online on final payment day, but if one comes available will the future cruise desk staff help me complete the self-upgrade? There is no way I want to call RC, to upgrade, unless it is collect.:D

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

...One last question. We have a mini suite booked for Allure, a western Med in May. Final payment is right when we depart this March, so we will pay a few days in advance of that cruise. We are in a JS, but watching for a GS or higher to become available. I will check online on final payment day, but if one comes available will the future cruise desk staff help me complete the self-upgrade?...

Yes, as long as your booking is not held by a TA, the Loyalty folks can help with existing bookings.

Yes, as long as your booking is not held by a TA, the Loyalty folks can help with existing bookings.

Yes Bob, it is directly with RC. On a side note I hope to sail with you one day, just to buy you a drink and say thanks for all the help you have given on the CC boards over the years.

Andrew

A great little thread, espically with our first ever B2B coming in 2 weeks. We are staying in the same cabin but will be moving up the C&A totem pole from D to D+.

Will our BOGO be preloaded for the first night, or do we see suite concereige to help back the charges out if we go to Chops. It normally takes a few weeks for the points to update so, I am not sure how they will be preloaded if the system is not aware? I guess the ship loyalty member can help as well.

One last question. We have a mini suite booked for Allure, a western Med in May. Final payment is right when we depart this March, so we will pay a few days in advance of that cruise. We are in a JS, but watching for a GS or higher to become available. I will check online on final payment day, but if one comes available will the future cruise desk staff help me complete the self-upgrade? There is no way I want to call RC, to upgrade, unless it is collect.:D

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Andrew.........on which cruise do you make D+? If it is the first portion of the B2B, then, on the second part of the B2B, the Loyalty Ambassador will take care of you, both with a sticker of Diamond Plus on your seapass card, and making sure that you get the benefits of being D+.

Oh, by the way, congratulations on becoming D+!!

I think that Bob has answered the second part of your question. I will tell you that the Loyalty Ambassador does not continually check on upgrades for your May cruise. You need to stay on top of that yourself, and there are some sites that would help you. Unfortunately, I cannot mention them here. But if you do see one that comes up on the Royal Caribbean site, you can always put a hold on it, online...free, and then go to the Loyalty Ambassador and ask them to release it to your existing booking.

Rick

Andrew.........on which cruise do you make D+? If it is the first portion of the B2B, then, on the second part of the B2B, the Loyalty Ambassador will take care of you, both with a sticker of Diamond Plus on your seapass card, and making sure that you get the benefits of being D+.

Oh, by the way, congratulations on becoming D+!!

I think that Bob has answered the second part of your question. I will tell you that the Loyalty Ambassador does not continually check on upgrades for your May cruise. You need to stay on top of that yourself, and there are some sites that would help you. Unfortunately, I cannot mention them here. But if you do see one that comes up on the Royal Caribbean site, you can always put a hold on it, online...free, and then go to the Loyalty Ambassador and ask them to release it to your existing booking.

Rick

Hi Rick. It happens during the first week. I will visit the LA regarding the C&A D+ change of status. I have been watching carefully on RC's website as well as another well known tracking site in regards to upgrading our cabin. We always get the wifi so I will check regularly while on board. Laundry, and internet discounts will also come in handy on week two of our B2B.

We are also on the top of the list in the suite line-up for the cruise in question if they become available. RC, said they would call me first and leave me message at home. I asked if they could call me on the ship, and they said they can't. A fun problem to have. :)

Thanks for the info and you too are on my list of who CC members that I'd like to sail with one day. My DW is at the top of that list. ;)

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

• 2 months later...

GonnaSailtoo or Andrew.... Do either of you have any updates to share about how your B2B experience was.

What time you had to get off... what time you were back on... lunch provided in dining room... did you get new sign and sail cards, etc?

Thanks...

Dawn

I have done 2 B2Bs in the last year.

On Quantum in November (2014) - we got off for 15 minutes and were then allowed back on. I'm not sure if we had to get off, but the crew were figuring things out and it was a bit disorganized. In fairness - this was their first paying cruises out of Bayonne. No Formal dining room lunch, but Windjammer was open and we watched the port, Statue of Liberty, sat in the great seats in the Solarium (that were always taken during cruise days :)).

On Brilliance in March (2015)- we didnt have to get off, but chose to go and buy two more bottles of wine. There is a really nice Publix with a surprisingly good wine selection, that is an easy 20 minute walk from the cruise port in Tampa. Once again - no formal dining room for lunch, but Windjammer was open at about 11:00.

What about laundry? Do you get any more allowance for laundry than the coupons give? We are D+, not sure what the amount would be, we have never used the laundry service. Thinking of tacking a second week on our Adventure cruise next month. Thanks very much.

What about laundry? Do you get any more allowance for laundry than the coupons give? We are D+, not sure what the amount would be, we have never used the laundry service. Thinking of tacking a second week on our Adventure cruise next month. Thanks very much.

Since each cruise is independent of the other, you will get the same laundry allowance on each cruise.

Hi Rick. It happens during the first week. I will visit the LA regarding the C&A D+ change of status. I have been watching carefully on RC's website as well as another well known tracking site in regards to upgrading our cabin. We always get the wifi so I will check regularly while on board. Laundry, and internet discounts will also come in handy on week two of our B2B.

We are also on the top of the list in the suite line-up for the cruise in question if they become available. RC, said they would call me first and leave me message at home. I asked if they could call me on the ship, and they said they can't. A fun problem to have. :)

Thanks for the info and you too are on my list of who CC members that I'd like to sail with one day. My DW is at the top of that list. ;)

Andrew

Curious how you got to the top of the list for suite upgrades. I've been in contact with C&A multiple times in last month for a June cruise and they won't do anything. Not their department. Also they insist it is handled via email

Andrew

So what you are saying is that if there are Pinnacle Club Members on the cruise in question, and they are also eligible for an upgrade, you would be contacted first in regards to an upgrade??:eek: :(

So what you are saying is that if there are Pinnacle Club Members on the cruise in question, and they are also eligible for an upgrade, you would be contacted first in regards to an upgrade??:eek: :(

I believe Andrew was just looking to upgrade at whatever the going rate was and not looking for a reduced rate upgrade.