VIP boarding with shipmates

bud

I saw several people turned away when we boarded on February 2nd in Ft Lauderdale. They invited them to return to the waiting area until their number was called. It certainly caused a "log jam" at the entry area as those that had to return to the waiting area were like salmon swimming upstream.

Just a quick question, we are currently Diamond members and we have booked a cruise with some friends who are not. Is there a chance they will be able to board with us?

you are diamond and do not know the answer to this!!:confused:

Just a quick question, we are currently Diamond members and we have booked a cruise with some friends who are not. Is there a chance they will be able to board with us?

If u r both Platinum or Diamond, u can put 1 cabin in your name 1 in the other. Have done this before. Everyone priority, just have to do some room key changing.

Edited by texast518

If u r both Platinum or Diamond, u can put 1 cabin in your name 1 in the other. Have done this a lot. Everyone priority, just have to do some room key changing.

I wouldn't do this. It's fine until one couple has an emergency and needs to cancel. Then you could have huge problems.

They should buy FTTF if they want to board early. Otherwise, just make plans to meet on Lido. You can bring them to your cabin if they want to leave their carry-ons there.

I wouldn't do this. It's fine until one couple has an emergency and needs to cancel. Then you could have huge problems.

They should buy FTTF if they want to board early. Otherwise, just make plans to meet on Lido. You can bring them to your cabin if they want to leave their carry-ons there.

GOOD point. I don't know if they would let us shuffle back if this happened. My Carnival PVP suggested this.. Have done it with pack & play, only $500 per cabin involved. Tom

Edited by texast518

I would ask in the Platinum/Diamond checkin lounge. I was able to bring a friend into the lounge last summer who had his own cabin. (he was already checked in but waiting to board) Also a number of years ago I entered with a friend who was Platinum (before I was) and I was able to check in and board with him (I had a different cabin.)