Allure of the Seas - HELP with flight info out of Barcelona

Hello all

Need help with planning my return flight from Barcelona. Had to split vacations and now I have to flight back the same Sunday that the ship is returning. How fast are the immigrations and customs in the port of Barcelona? How far is the airport from the port? How early I can book a flight departing from Barcelona?

Thanks for any advise...!!!!!

Ed

Hello all

Need help with planning my return flight from Barcelona. Had to split vacations and now I have to flight back the same Sunday that the ship is returning. How fast are the immigrations and customs in the port of Barcelona? How far is the airport from the port? How early I can book a flight departing from Barcelona?

Ed

This should help for your flight time:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=324&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqId=2724

I did this yesterday. Does this mean departure from the ship or flight departure?

Results for the Allure Sept. 20 returning home.

Airport of Disembarkation: Barcelona-Barcelona Intl

Port of Disembarkation: Barcelona, Spain

Earliest Departure Time: 10:00 AM

I did this yesterday. Does this mean departure from the ship or flight departure?

Results for the Allure Sept. 20 returning home.

Airport of Disembarkation: Barcelona-Barcelona Intl

Port of Disembarkation: Barcelona, Spain

Earliest Departure Time: 10:00 AM

That is the earliest flight time.

Is about a twenty minute taxi ride from the port and the taxis are plentiful.We have never had a problem getting one (always a first time I know) to make a 10.30am flightThe fare is usually between thirty five and forty euros depending on number of bags.We never rush to be first off usually do self assist and are off the ship us normally about 7.30am.

Hope this helps.

The airport isn't far, and proceedings are usually quickly executed. I would say anything after 10am will be fine. If you are extra cautious and to allow for anything unforseen, make it after 11am.

Agree with this. Barcelona is one of the quickest proceedings we've experienced. We've made 10:30 flights with plenty of time to spare.

Hello all

Ed

Do you ever leave the EU? Or was your last port an EU port? If not, do you come back through immigration? Last year we cruised from Venice to Rome and just walked off the ship in Rome without any official check?

Is about a twenty minute taxi ride from the port and the taxis are plentiful.We have never had a problem getting one (always a first time I know) to make a 10.30am flightThe fare is usually between thirty five and forty euros depending on number of bags.We never rush to be first off usually do self assist and are off the ship us normally about 7.30am.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. This is what I figured. Even at 7:30, you should be at airport by 8am and able to make a 10am flight. Which is what I prefer.

Unless you´re on the TA there is no real immigration or customs. As the regular Med cruise does only have Schengen countries on the itinerary there is no passport control. Customs is just walk by and go through the green exit. You don´t leave the EU (customs area).

Ride to the airport with no traffic is app. 20-30 min.

steamboats